Does your lion like your lion?

JakeNZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
New Zealand
My two cats are fascinated by my MacBook Pro. They never go near my parents PC laptops but constantly rub up against mine and watch what I am doing on screen. Is it just my cats or do other peoples cats like macs too?

BreakGuy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NZ, South Pacific
I honestly don't think cats can differentiate between a Mac and a PC to the point where it would show more affection towards one over the other.

triptolemus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
Not my Mac, but I did catch my cats posting submissions to lolcat the other day on my iPad. :rolleyes:

Are you serious, dude?

JakeNZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
New Zealand
I honestly don't think cats can differentiate between a Mac and a PC to the point where it would show more affection towards one over the other.
Cat's are smarter than you think. Either that or apple secretly lace their computers with catnip. Great marketing campaign if they are.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
The cats hang around your Mac because they like you more than your parents (or you're better company on the couch), and you just happen to own a Mac. It's not definitely not the Mac.

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
stop cleaning you MBP with catnip and you won't have that problem. Seriously though my mom's cat is always laying in front of her iMac and on the keyboard. when there was a PC, never even looked at it. haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.