Does your local Genius bar have plenty of replacements on hand?

1080p

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I went to the Genius Bar on Thursday and they guy was willing to exchange for me, but he had none in stock, so he ordered one for me but it would "take a few days."

Just curious because I hear all of these stories of people going though several replacement units to find a perfect one.

5enohpi

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
Philly/Vegas
I went to the Genius Bar on Thursday and they guy was willing to exchange for me, but he had none in stock, so he ordered one for me but it would "take a few days."

Just curious because I hear all of these stories of people going though several replacement units to find a perfect one.
Typically they have a separate inventory just for these issues

1080p

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
The guy I dealt with wan't even taking the chip I have into consideration. He said, "I can't do anything about that." But he did see that I was having WiFi troubles.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US

Did they let you keep your iPhone 5 until that one comes in because that would be cool

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
With the 3 different carriers, 3 different memory sizes and 2 different colors
there is always a possibility they may be out of your specific model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.