Doesn’t work with unlimited data plan!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macbook123, Oct 13, 2017.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

AT&T tries always to take away my grandfathered data plan. They’re trying again by making the LTE inaccessible with the new series 3. Sad, now I have to ship it back. Just thought some of you might want to save the hassle.

2. bigbucksnowhammies, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017

bigbucksnowhammies macrumors member

bigbucksnowhammies

3. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Remain Calm and swing by the 35 page thread mentioned above. If you are willing to do a little work, you can keep your old Grandfathered Unlimited plan.

We are talking about a 20 minute investment.

Dave

4. macbook123 thread starter macrumors 68000

Took 40 minutes on the phone insisting to speak to a supervisor. Before the supervisor even got on the phone I got the activation message on the watch. Still needed to activate it in the iPhone settings but I'm all set now.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yet another success!

Thanks for providing feedback with your results. 40 minutes into a weekend is not really that bad. Always better results in the weekday mornings. Yes, you have to complete the Set Up Cellular function from the Watch app on your iPhone. This step is what actually downloads the information into the Watch to activate the eSIM with the ICCID information for Cellular service to actually work. It also sets up the NumberSync between your Watch and your iPhone.

Dave