Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
I have been in the market for a few months now for a waterproof case. I was actually waiting for Lifeproof, but they are dragging their feet with the 6 plus, so I took the plunge with the Dog & Bone wetsuit in Orange. This case seems quite rugged and a good alternative to Lifeproof (when ever it is released).
I ordered it this morning so I am hoping to have it by next week sometime.
I will have a review for anyone that is interested shortly after I receive it and have used it for a few days.
Does anyone out there have it for their 6 plus and care to chime in about experience ?

cnick6

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Bellevue, WA
Nice color combination but I hope you like the extra weight. The rugged cases are great if you really need the protection but otherwise they're like carrying gold bricks in your back pocket. :D

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
I would be interested in hearing if anybody has used this case too, because it doesn't cover the screen, claims you can still use Touch ID, and yet claims the waterproof and shockproof ratings. Seems too good to be true.

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Nice color combination but I hope you like the extra weight. The rugged cases are great if you really need the protection but otherwise they're like carrying gold bricks in your back pocket. :D

Thanks. I have the Gold 6 plus, so I think that it will work. Actually, I'm not quite sure that the color of my phone will show through the phone ? I guess I will wait to find out.
I have an everyday transparent case and will only be using the Wetsuit for days where Inthink it will be required (I.e taking ***** of snowy days, beach days, rainy days and fishing).
I would never use this case as an "everyday" case as it would not fit into my pocket comfortably.

----------

I would be interested in hearing if anybody has used this case too, because it doesn't cover the screen, claims you can still use Touch ID, and yet claims the waterproof and shockproof ratings. Seems too good to be true.
This is similar to the Lifeproof nùud case for the 6 and 5s (not out for the 6 plus as of yet).
It will take some testing prior to my baby taking a bath it it though :).
I will submit photos and tests once I have it.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I have it for regular 6. Ps shipping takes forever from Australia. Took me like solid two weeks. I have case for 6 if you have any questions though.

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
I have it for regular 6. Ps shipping takes forever from Australia. Took me like solid two weeks. I have case for 6 if you have any questions though.

That really stinks on the shipping. Have you had a chance to do a water test ? Maybe pictures taken inside of a pool or ocean ?

johananders

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
Norway
I got my Wetsuit case for my 6plus at Christmas. One of the first to get one before they sold out first time around. Great case so far. Passed the water test so have taken it out fishing quite a bit without any issues. The rubber grip is really good. I tend to drop my phone a lot and this case definitely provides more protection than the Lifeproof – I previously had the LP iPhone 5 one, which was also good, but was a little flimsy for me.

Shipping to me was a little pricey but I didn’t want to wait until they got to local stores. I’d stick with the Wetsuit case again next time.

kevstevenson77

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2015
Yes I just ordered my Wetsuit case too from Dog and Bone’s website, so will let you know when I get it. Nothing else really available for the 6+ and I did like the look of it and seen some good things about it online. Will see how it performs when I get it and let you know.

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
I got my Wetsuit case for my 6plus at Christmas. One of the first to get one before they sold out first time around. Great case so far. Passed the water test so have taken it out fishing quite a bit without any issues. The rubber grip is really good. I tend to drop my phone a lot and this case definitely provides more protection than the Lifeproof – I previously had the LP iPhone 5 one, which was also good, but was a little flimsy for me.

Shipping to me was a little pricey but I didn’t want to wait until they got to local stores. I’d stick with the Wetsuit case again next time.

This is great news to me. I am also an avid fisherman (surf caster) that is always taking pictures of my adventures. Having this case for me is a must for the Rocky ledges that I fish from.
Could you provide us with photos of your phone inside of the case ?
I am eager to see the overall look in hand.

----------

Yes I just ordered my Wetsuit case too from Dog and Bone’s website, so will let you know when I get it. Nothing else really available for the 6+ and I did like the look of it and seen some good things about it online. Will see how it performs when I get it and let you know.

Which color did you end up ordering? I went with the Orange as I wanted something different.

Wayneohyeah

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
I had the wetsuit for the iphone 5 which I was pretty happy with, but now have one of the 6, which is better again. they’ve made the case slimmer but given it more protection again. You can’t beat having no casing over the screen – this feature is gold and don’t think I could go back to having anything else. I’ve had other waterproof cases before but they have been a little difficult to hear people on calls, but I haven’t had this with dog bone cases. I also like the way they have come out with a glass screen protector as an option – they’ve only just released it so yet to try it, but the specs look good. a case I’d recommend, worth checking out their website http://www.dogandbonecases.com

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
I had the wetsuit for the iphone 5 which I was pretty happy with, but now have one of the 6, which is better again. they’ve made the case slimmer but given it more protection again. You can’t beat having no casing over the screen – this feature is gold and don’t think I could go back to having anything else. I’ve had other waterproof cases before but they have been a little difficult to hear people on calls, but I haven’t had this with dog bone cases. I also like the way they have come out with a glass screen protector as an option – they’ve only just released it so yet to try it, but the specs look good. a case I’d recommend, worth checking out their website http://www.dogandbonecases.com

I also had the wetsuit for the 5s. I really liked the build quality and durability with the 5s Dog & Bone case. I thought that I would jump on the 6 plus case this time around, as their first batch was sold out quite fast.
I'm really liking the "no buil in" screen protector as the Lifeproof.
Makes it very difficult to type through a plastic protector.
I can't wait to get my hands in the bad boy.
Maybe I will do some snow testing.

kevstevenson77

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2015
This is great news to me. I am also an avid fisherman (surf caster) that is always taking pictures of my adventures. Having this case for me is a must for the Rocky ledges that I fish from.

----------

Which color did you end up ordering? I went with the Orange as I wanted something different.

I went with the black, but did like the look of the Orange. My wife wants to have a look at mine and is keen on the white one.

johananders

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2015
Norway

----------

Attached 2 images for you.

Attachments

• IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 175
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.