Dog dies after having its throat cut on Snapchat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Article link

Social media really is getting out of hand. It entices people to do moronic things they normally would not have done otherwise. Like using (social media) to pledge allegiance to ISIS, and then buy a plane ticket to Syria the next day.

Or doing stupid "Hey look at me!" things….. like slitting a dog's throat for a worldwide (Snapchat) audience to see.

And I put this thread in PRSI, because it's guaranteed some right-winger will somehow blame Obama for this.

2. Zenithal macrumors 68040

What kind of sick bastard does this? I'm all for locking up people for life, but these punks are reason enough to warrant the death penalty.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

They'll rightfully be prosecuted for animal cruelty; however, the world would be a better place if all pit bulls were put down.

4. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Can't look at the link.. hope the perps will be apprehended for this atrocity.

5. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I guess this is my goodbye to you then, Aaron.

6. Solomani thread starter macrumors 68030

Solomani

Ahh… according to the news article, the two dog-killers already got "bonded out". Someone paid to Bail them out after arrest. So they are technically "free" for the time being.

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Not sure if you're serious o_O

8. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I'm close to being convinced he's a TMZ reporter.

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

or some left-wing liberal will claim they have a right to do as they please...

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Dead serious. Pit bulls are hardwired to kill. And don't give me any folderol about how "those poor pit bulls are only killed because their owners mistreated them." It's in their DNA. Their DNA!

Kill them. Kill them all. Before they tear off Grandma's face and eat it.

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

My my my, Aaron. You come across as one of those gasp Liberal protestors who wish to ban dogs because a handful acted out. It's quite clear you're losing touch with us mere mortals, old boy.

12. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

You are also hardwired to kill. It's in your DNA. Your DNA!

13. satcomer, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I have seen a documentary or two about serial killers starting out killing pets! I bet these two will end up killing people in the future!

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Why don't I pass the time by playing a little solitaire?" :D

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm staying away from this. I would do bad things to people who hurt kids or pets.

16. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I hope they're punished to the Fullest extent allowable under the law.

And since this is PRSI I'll go ahead and say that this is the type of person that should recieve a lifetime gun ownership ban. Animal cruelty has been shown to be a predictor of future violence against humans.

17. zin macrumors 6502

Prison is the least of their worries. They've angered the internet, which is something you should never do.

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah cause liberals are always for freedoms that hurt people or animals.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

As a pitbull mix owner I would have to disagree. Ours is the best dog and most friendly. I agree that if you bought a blood line from a fighting line up that it might tend to have certain traits bred to it's lineage, but the breed overall is the same as other dogs in that the personality is shaped more around training and ownership than heredity.

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Not if someone recognizes them as the dog killers. They might have been safer declining bail.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Ooh you actually went there. Watch out for the flying spittle and fur.

23. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Love pits. They are great dogs
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    image.jpeg
    Oh please

24. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah, that's what the PB owners tell us but we aren't buying it. Those dogs are selected for fighting and by thugs because they are perfect killing machines with a death grip bite and insane temperament. Maybe they make a good family pet here and there but when people get attacked or bit by a golden retriever or even a German Shepard they put a band aid on it and move on. If a pit bull attacks or bites....you might save the limb, you might not. And how many stories are there of Completely unprovoked PB attacks? Tons of them. Deaths often result because the dogs do NOT stop unless killed. Hence, great fighting dogs but quite scary as pets.

With all of the dog breeds available I can't fathom why people choose these crackpot dogs. Well, I sort of know why....it's an image thing and a tough guy status symbol. Just like a big 4x4 truck or some other "I have self esteem issues and need to compensate" type of thing. Oh well. Just steer clear of these dogs at all costs. don't buy into the BS about how friendly they are either. Famous last words....then the dog eats your toddler for some unknown reason. Terrific.

25. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Happy to continue the conversation in another thread if you wish. However, you need to brush up on real world experience with dogs including bully breeds before really commenting.

Most all the attacks you hear about involve crazy stupid owners and dogs that haven't been properly socialized. Even one of the most popular breeds such as labs and cookers are both well known for bites too. I've had plenty of boxers and they too "stay focused" and won't break concentration thus your description of pits is nothing more than a K9 response for a dog that hasn't been properly trained to break focus and listen to commands.