Doggone it, if Obama ain't a terr'rist. You betcha!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoyBach, Oct 5, 2008.

1. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7653132.stm

The pathetic US election campaign of 2008 continues apace in it's race to the bottom.

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

How do you spell desperation? This kind of attack only appeals to blood-and-guts right wingers. Everybody else sees it for what it is.

5. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

Is "palling around" a verb specific to Palin, like "to obamanate"?

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

True its so fake and smells of draft dodger Karl Rove. Its like saying John McCain is a communist because he spent so much time associating with his captors?
    Just a boatload of crap but what else can the republicans do? Its not like they can point to anything they have done except spend,spend and spend.

7. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Wait, is this the same Palin that kept knocking Biden for looking at the past in their debate?

If this election is supposed to be about the future, why is she looking at Obama's past?

8. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

Bwahhh...Libs just love to play victims....Bwaaaaaaaaa :D:D:D:D

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

During the preliminary nominations, I heard nearly those exact words from a republican.

Just sayin'.

10. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Really? I believe it was George Steponallofus who first raised the issue in one of the debates between Hillary and Obama. Seems he thought it was something that voters, not just the blood and guts type, might be interested in. I do recall that Hillary herself raised Ayers as an issue (no Republican she). If the Ayers issue is without substance, then I would think the Obama fans would be happy to have it aired so they could knock it down and then say how unfair McCain was in raising it.

11. RacerX macrumors 65832

Well, at least this smear is coming from someone who knows how smears work.

Rick Davis (McCain Campaign Manager) outlined exactly how such a smear works and why it is effective in an article called: The anatomy of a smear campaign. Of course in that article he is writing from the position of the injured party (discussing the 2000 Bush campaign's attacks on McCain in South Carolina).

:rolleyes:

So Delta608, does that mean that they are Libs too... having played the victims in the same type of attack? :eek:

12. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

What kind of sound is "Bwahhh," or "Bwaaaaaaaaa" for that matter? Shouldn't it be bwah ha ha ha or something? You ought to at least use an onomatopoeia that makes some kind of sense.

Screeeeeeegggggg Conservatives just love to play victims, wllllggggfffppptttt ;) ;) ;) ;)

13. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel :rolleyes:
    $20 this totally backfires on them...
    People who live in glass houses ;)

14. RacerX macrumors 65832

And maybe it is a valid point now. McCain was subjected to Manchurian torture techniques. And for a long time I believed that those techniques were ineffective... until our own government started using them on people.

It made for an interesting movie (the 1962 Manchurian Candidate), but I doubt that enough people even know of that movie for it to play any part in the campaign.

What one has to wonder now is that if "The heels are on, the gloves are off" does this mean that Palin is ready for a closer look at her life now? :rolleyes:

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

"bwaaa" or variations of it are the internet version of crying. crying like baby.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why use a word when a picture will do?

[​IMG]

17. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Loe Leiberman also raised the Ayers issue on a news program a few hours ago. He's not a Republican. If my memory serves me well, he was the Democrat vice presidential nominee 4 years ago. It hard to make the case that he is a "blood and guts politician." And those who do try to make that case may need to question the judgement of Al Gore for selecting him as his running mate.

18. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    according to the AP:
    But while Ayers and Obama are acquainted, the charge that they "pal around" is a stretch of any reading of the public record. And it's simply wrong to suggest that they were associated while Ayers was committing terrorist acts. Obama was 8 years old at the time the Weather Underground claimed credit for numerous bombings and was blamed for a pipe bomb that killed a San Francisco policeman.

During her stop in California, Palin was asked about an Associated Press analysis that said her charge about Ayers was unsubstantiated, a point made by other news organizations, and the criticism carried a "racially tinged subtext that McCain may come to regret."

palin replied "the associated press is wrong".

i'm sure she 'knows' this because she can see the associated press from alaska...

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It did come up months ago, and the substance (or lack thereof) at the time was the same as now: none. It's only coming up again now because the McCain-Palin ticket is slipping so they need to throw some red meat on the floor, even if it's just the old wormy kind. Translation: desperation.

20. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

What is troubling is the accusation that Ayers hosted a campaign contribution event for Obama some years ago at his (Ayers') home and Obama attended. At that time, Obama would have known of Ayers' involvement with the Weathermen and his terrorist activities. If this accusation is true, it raises legitimate concerns that should be debated about Obama's judgement as an adult.

21. RacerX macrumors 65832

I'm sure you are out of the political loop, but if McCain had gotten his first choice for VP, it would have been Leiberman. The only reason he didn't pick him was because the evangelicals threaten to make a stink at the convention if he did (as Leiberman is non-Christian and pro-choice).

Assuming that the Democrats keep (and make gains) in the Senate, Leiberman will lose his chairmanship position of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs when they reconvene next year.

Hope that clears up his current political affiliations for you. I'm sure you would be equally surprised to find out that Reagan was a Democrat once too.

22. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    concerns about what?

ayers now holds the title of Distinguished professor at the University of Illinois in Chicago.

obama was 8 years old at the time the weather underground was active.

fear-mongering is the cheapest room in the house...

23. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Can you substantiate that? If not, then why are you posting such bs?

24. RacerX macrumors 65832

Would he?

This guy is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago, so unless we all do background searches on everyone we meet, you can't make that link. For all we know, to Obama he was just a neighbor named Bill.

If you have a pedophile for a neighbor, and you've had dinner at his house, but you didn't know what he was... are you guilty by association?

Guilt by association is a dangerous thing that you should be afraid of because it can be used just as easily against you as it can against someone you don't like.