D'oh! Republicans Awkward Debate Start

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think there is something highly metaphorical about Donald Trump and Ben Carson - two individuals who have at times led the Republican polls - literally being so stupid as to be able to mess up walking onto a stage.

Two individuals angling for a chance to demonstrate their leadership and decision making abilities flailing about like a couple of turtles flipped on their backs.

Even more frightening: There are people who have willing let Ben Carson cut into their bodies with a sharp instrument.

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

A different perspective and how I recognized it.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...t-no-one-noticed-never-leave-a-good-man-down/

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Don't fall into the trap of confusing your personal dislike of Ben Carson with reality. You won't find a reputable source--of any political stripe--that claims Carson was anything but a brilliant surgeon.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I personally have an excellent periodontist. He is widely regarded as one of the best in the country. He's also a an engaging personality; widely read on any number of subjects. A man of culture, taste, wisdom and humor.

But he would be an absolutely dreadful politician. And an even worse President of the United States. I'm not confusing my personal liking for the man with a belief that his many good attributes qualify him for a role outside his training, experience, and personality.

8. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Nice job going out of context. My reply and focus was Trump.

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Like Hussein, your hatred of Republicans is obvious.

And make no mistake I'm not defending anyone, but apparently you have failed to realize that it's the debate producers and organizers that failed to create a smooth running production. These men were simply participants.

The state controlled media and it's Pro-Democratic bias is orchestrated by Hussein and company under the cloak of secrecy.

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Cut into their brains, you mean. Though to be fair, he was a very accomplished neurosurgeon.

...doesn't mean he'd make a good president, though. Nor serve as justification by itself to make us all assume his political ideas are good ones.