Dolbyvision option not showing up on Netflix 4K apple tv

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by shipdestroyerrr, Sep 22, 2017.

1. shipdestroyerrr macrumors newbie

hey fellas - here’s a real humdinger: have my Apple TV 4K set up to my lg tv. 4:2:2 is enabled and all looks great. But when I go to Netflix, all 4K content says 4K. That’s it. If I go with my LG tv Netflix app, some say 4K but some say Dolby vision to indicate HDR. Is the app not up to date or what’s up with it?

2. xsmett macrumors regular

Same question here.
    And as apple decided to always put out or HDR/DV, there is no easy way to check out if there is a native HDR/DV signal.

3. Tarheels23 macrumors member

Tarheels23

Exact same thing happened to me, until it didn't. Haha, I say that because I don't know what I did to get it to work but when I pulled up Luke Cage and didn't see DV, I did a search on HDR in Netflix, click on Iron Fist, and it was the same deal. I then pulled up Netflix on WebOS, and saw DV on Luke Cage. I went back to Netflix on the ATV, right clicked on the DV banner when it popped up on the top right corner, it highlighted in red. I then went back to Luke Cage and bam there it was. I also confirmed Iron Fist, and Defenders.

I'm not sure what made it show up, but those are the exact steps I took.

Oh, I'm set up as 4k DV 24Hz

4. mrrobotoplus macrumors member

ahah i own a samsung tv with HDR and no Dolby Vision. On Netflix I see the Dolby Vision icon and not HDR. Something is broken on the ATV 4 K.