Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
last year for the 7/7+ fiasco, People where being very misled.

They where being told by carriers to call their local store and schedule an ” appointment “ to pre order their device of choice.

My girl fell for this and learned the hard way how all of this works. She got her 7+ towards the end of November because of this.

She told me that they ( T-mobile ) told her to “ schedule an appointment “ with a sales rep at our local store the day of pre orders. Her appointment was at 12:00Pm. I told her that there was no way in hell she will get a launch day phone if they told her to go in that late. Didn’t listen, goes in and the SOB was trying to sell her all types of accessories, wireless speakers and tables etc before “ pre ordering” her iPhone which was already in backorder till end of November/December. She asked him why it was backordered already. He said the system was crashing. Lied straight to her face about how the pre orders really went down. I had to go in there and go all Alpha Male on him and his manager. My girl was PISSED and I had to deal with her raging spoiled arse FML. ( worst month ever )

This is a huge scam and many people fell prey to it. So just letting the lurkers or who ever doesn’t know how this works that Apple does not favor anyone. Pre orders go live October 27th at 12:01AM PCT or 3:01AM EST.. for EVERYONE. No one has a special screen or access. Don’t listen to the employees at the stores. If you want an iPhone X on November 3rd, Your arse better be camped in front of your computer or phone ready to go.

Good luck ! And don’t suffer like I did lol.

They where being told by carriers to call their local store and schedule an ” appointment “ to pre order their device of choice.

My girl fell for this and learned the hard way how all of this works. She got her 7+ towards the end of November because of this.

She told me that they ( T-mobile ) told her to “ schedule an appointment “ with a sales rep at our local store the day of pre orders. Her appointment was at 12:00Pm. I told her that there was no way in hell she will get a launch day phone if they told her to go in that late. Didn’t listen, goes in and the SOB was trying to sell her all types of accessories, wireless speakers and tables etc before “ pre ordering” her iPhone which was already in backorder till end of November/December. She asked him why it was backordered already. He said the system was crashing. Lied straight to her face about how the pre orders really went down. I had to go in there and go all Alpha Male on him and his manager. My girl was PISSED and I had to deal with her raging spoiled arse FML. ( worst month ever )

This is a huge scam and many people fell prey to it. So just letting the lurkers or who ever doesn’t know how this works that Apple does not favor anyone. Pre orders go live October 27th at 12:01AM PCT or 3:01AM EST.. for EVERYONE. No one has a special screen or access. Don’t listen to the employees at the stores. If you want an iPhone X on November 3rd, Your arse better be camped in front of your computer or phone ready to go.

my now wife tried to schedule an appointment with at&t the day of the 7 launch to purchase an ipad and apparently at&t disables appointments and the ability to pick up in store. to me it makes perfect sense. i am surprised that tmobile actually promoted the scheduling of appointments. with that said she is on tmobile now and i am about to join her account.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

This is the first I have heard of this. Albeit my carrier isn't T-Mobile either. But I don't agree with this practice and if it would have tampered with my preorder experience, I would have contacted corporate. As far as selling accessories and them being persistent, That's how they all are. Those employees are trained to sell the accessories as much as they can, because that's where the money is for carriers in store. I purchase all my accessories online and avoid be hassled from employees.

TechDiva

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
SouthEastern United States
I'm on T-Mobile and always pre-order my phones through them and never heard of this until now. Must have been some store employees putting that information out there just to get people into the store to try and sell them the extra items. That is definitely not a T-Mobile company-wide thing.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
i dont step foot in a carrier store if i can help it. i try and order online whenever i can.

Right, why bother with their crappy stores, crappy sales people who push junk products and plans and warranties, their crap stock, and their crap restocking fees?

I always go to Apple, but if I lived where Apple wasn't, I'd be ordering and never setting foot in the carrier store, or worst, the mall kiosk.

Reactions: old-wiz
Right, why bother with their crappy stores, crappy sales people who push junk products and plans and warranties, their crap stock, and their crap restocking fees?

I always go to Apple, but if I lived where Apple wasn't, I'd be ordering and never setting foot in the carrier store, or worst, the mall kiosk.
the apple store is where i go if i cant get something online. about the only thing i set foot in my carrier store for are certain accessories as i get a discount through my employer but i am checking amazon while i am browsing. luckily i have an apple store 30 minutes away. youre right the mall kiosks are terrible. even worse are the kiosks that are not owned by the carrier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.