Don Jr. Meeting smells like a setup.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

To what end? This info was not used during the campaign and was only revealed in a NY Times story in July of THIS year, long after the election.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/01/politics/timeline-donald-trump-jr-/index.html

3. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

LOL.

Scared your boy Don Jr is looking at an indictment in the next 6 months?

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Of course. That's why, in his own words:

Even when he knows that they are wrong.

BL.

5. 0007776 Suspended

Exactly, if Clinton had this big conspiracy to set Trump up by making his people meet with Russian agents and then forget about them while under oath why didn’t she use any of the info during the campaign? Trump made good use of information from the Russians, so why didn’t Clinton if she was also involved with them.

I wouldn’t put it past the Russians to set Trump up, provide him with just enough help to get him into office so they would have a bumbling fool to manipulate for 4 years, but also make sure it gets out that they helped so they can undermine faith in US a democracy.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It smells like a setup.

Attached Files:

8. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Neither Don Hillary nor little hands are going to jail, they're not even going to get scolded.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The dossier wasn't "fake"... some of it has been corroborated, some of it not. What's interesting isn't the dossier or who was behind it, but the amount of material in it still coming to light.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Smells like a setup? No this thread smells like desperation.

Regardless - No one forced Jr to respond to the request and bring along high ranking officials in the campaign.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

So, just so we understand: You think that Hillary Clinton secretly paid for one lawyer to meet with another (Russian) lawyer, in order to suggest a meeting with Donald Trump Jr., so that - should Clinton end up losing the election - a year and a half later it would make Donald Trump look bad?

Hillary Clinton might not be the greatest strategist in the world. But surely if her aim was to smear Trump for his Russian connections, it would have been a better plan to have let the news of Don Jr.'s meeting with Russian spies get out a month or two before the election. Not nine months after it.

12. poloponies Suspended

Where's the part about making everyone lie about the meeting after the fact.

Here's how innocent people would have handled it.

Russian lawyer: I hev eveedence Heelary ees crook.

Don Jr.: I must reach out to the FBI about suspicious activity by Russians with respect to US elections.

That didn't go down like that. I t doesn't matter if the Russian lawyer was actually Hillary or even Comey in a wig.

The fact that you're okay with Don Jr, INVITING potential Russian interference is very troubling. Nothing about that meeting is innocent.

13. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

You just solved Russiagate. It all makes sense now.

14. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

If it was a setup then it’s a good test for every politician or anyone involved in a campaign. Intent is really all that matters.

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Try defending the truth instead. You'll still die, but for a nobler cause.

16. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No one questions why Fusion GPS which was on the Clinton payroll through a shell company was meeting with The Russians? Typical.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No...I question why if true, Clinton wouldn't use the information. As I asked you way back at the beginning of this thread and which you never answered: to what end? For what purpose?

18. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

But what about all the other times Trump staffers met with Russians?

Like... the dozen other times?

19. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Backup plan in case they weren't going to win? Tool in case they lost to call into question legitimacy of the win? Plenty of possibilities here. Same campaign that funded a fake dossier for millions so there you go.

20. Zenithal macrumors G3

I bet that George Soros is up to his eyeballs in all of this. What do you think, ZA?

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Oh, it's incredibly hinky, but I'm waiting for someone with actual reporting experience to dig at this story. Something about this graf makes my spidey-sense tingle:

They were in a courtroom together. What does this mean? Were they court-watching the same case? Did Veselnitskaya show up as a witness?

Or, did Simpson try to talk to Veselnitskaya, but she demurred, saying that she had another meeting, but "hey, let's meet up later?"

The whole thing sounds very Cloak-n-Dagger, but it could be nothing.

Increasingly, this whole thing sounds like a sequel to "Burn After Reading" or "The Man with One Red Shoe."
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2017 ---
    Enjoy your bowl of chili.

22. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Why was the same company initially hired through Trump's campaign? Probably to dig up dirt. I haven't seen anyone object to Trump's team hiring this company to find dirt on Clinton. Perhaps she really wanted to know what, if anything, they were going to try to use on her.

However, if you are upset for Hillary hiring someone to hire this company, who then talked to a Russian, but not Don Jr., Kushner and Manafort meeting with Russians directly, in Trump Tower, then that seems backwards to me. Logically, you would think that if the Hillary situation seems suspicious, you would be double-upset at the Trump one, not vice-versa. You said the meeting in Trump Tower wasn't proof of any collusion, and if it was about dirt on Hillary, there's nothing wrong with that and it doesn't affect policy anyways so you don't care.

Yet this is fishy. I'm game, I wouldn't call this situation 'nothing', but its far from the definite 'something' with the Trump Tower meeting.

Also, still interested why you think the 'dossier' was entirely fake.

23. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Not necessarily, we already know Hillary's campaign was funneling money through a shell lawyer for "lawyer services" like hiring Fusion for crafting fictional accounts to weaponize against her opponents though.