Donald J. Trump is the best republican candidate running for POTUS!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AdonisSMU, Dec 23, 2015.

1. AdonisSMU, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I'm actually glad for the Republican party this time around. They actually look like they are going to pick a good candidate for POTUS this time. They've disavowed the non-sense about money tricking down because you gave it to the top income earners and the non-sense about going to elective wars in other countries and the need for money overrunning our elections.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/01/the-great-republican-revolt/419118/

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

So what you're saying is "Hillary for president." I like to make sure I don't lose anything in the interpretation.

3. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Donald J. Trump for president. Hillary won't beat him. If Trump gets the nomination he will win against Hillary Clinton.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Donald Trump is a sick man. His dementia becomes more evident every day. He truly believes he gets along well with everyone, yet he is amongst the most nasty, vitriolic people ever to open his mouth in public. He has no business in politics.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Neither does Hillary. What is your point.

6. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

I really dislike Donald Trump. With that said, I genuinely think he has a good chance of doing well in the elections, simply because, whilst many people dislike him, there's plenty of people who would support him. I also think there's a fairly decent chance the opposition vote could be split against him.

With that said, I really hope he doesn't win.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Hillary is a career politician, not suffering from dementia, who knows how to engage other people.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Hey OP, stop stealing @Hieveryone 's schtick. We've been there, done that several times.

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

he is not even in politics yet.

10. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

he shows why others think americans are crazy and hateful

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

When one takes emotion out of this and looks at pragmatically, Hillary will smoke Trump in the General. Republicans are fully aware of this and if it goes to the convention it could very well be brokered. It will take Rubio, Cruz or another candidate with experience and policy behind them to put up a realistic challenge. I get those of you enjoying this lunatic while in your little bubble but mainstream America thinks he's a clownish buffoon.

12. zioxide, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015

zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Donald Trump's popularity is an excellent case study into the widespread prevalence of ignorance, illiteracy, anti-intellectualism, misogyny, bigotry, and xenophobia that's rampant in this country.

13. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Trump is the best candidate. You guys are focused on words and not actions. The bottom line is that we need to be honest about the fact that republicans and democrats in congress haven't had the best interests of the American people. The longer you are in politics the more favors you owe people. The only thing these people have done successfully is make sure the already well off and well connected continue to get/stay ahead of everyone else regardless of their qualifications and capabilities as individuals. Sure they smile to their bases but behind our backs they all are of the same mind.

They want immigration killing wages and jobs in America so the speculation class can continue to stay rich. They want to maintain an unequal playing field across races and classes and other "minority" groups. Money matters more than ideas.

Donald Trump is proving that a campaign can function successfully without hundreds of millions of dollars spent. The #1 problem that America faces is money in politics. Get money out of politics and everyone benefits.

Congress should be people of varying backgrounds coming in to run the country for a couple of terms then it's someone else's turn. It shouldn't be a bunch of people who don't represent American interests as a whole getting in during the 1970's and 80's and still running things in 2015.

Why do you have non technical people creating policy on technology issues such as that CISA bill that just passed buried in another bill to escape the public?

Keep telling yourself that. The truth is Trump's popularity is a case study in people who think they know better than everyone else choosing to ignore the needs of the country as a whole.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Shoulda woulda coulda. The American people voted for those schmucks and continue to buy into their brainwashing about donkeys vs elephants. "People get the government they deserve", and America is a prime example of it. A rich narcissistic blowhard isn't going to change that.

And you think captain call up bill gates to "close up the internet" is the answer? lmao!

You wish that were the case. The reality is that many of Trump supporters probably can't even do 10th grade precalculus and have an uncle that's also their brother.

Trump has shown exactly ZERO knowledge of how anything related to our government functions. He is completely clueless and without being handed a multi-billion dollar real estate empire from daddy he'd probably be vacuuming the floors in a starbucks somewhere.

15. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

OP has a point... and seriously, why all the hate for the man?

16. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

One could ask why all the hate Mr Trump has for women, Mexicans and Muslims. I mean seriously.

17. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

so in your opinion the guy is a true sociopath? funny, i tought he was a very successful businessman. maybe he inherited all the money then and have people running things while being just anti-social. who knows.

18. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I think his popularity says alot about this country and how they want out of the social, PC and race damaged country the Obama movement has created.

I don't see Hillary having a chance. When election day comes, the uninformed and blurred by media will support her but educated Democrats will not, they know she cannot be trusted. Further, there is no mass movement behind her like there was with Obama. Like or hate Obama, you have to give him credit for creating such a movement to get people to vote.....which is exactly what the Don is doing.

19. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I definitely agree that we've gone overly PC but to say Obama created that (or race damaged, that's just laughable) is disingenuous. How could any one president create such social change? It's giving him far too much credit just to fit your narrative here. A movement takes the masses, the 99%, tea party, black lives matter, etc are all products of social change by the people.

20. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Yes 4 bankruptcies is a good business man

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The "Obama movement" hasn't created any of this.

The widespread prevalence of social media and the 24 hour cable entertainment news cycle has. The overly-PC culture has been created by these two main factors. Millions of people bitch and whine on social media about every little thing, and leaders of companies, organizations, etc. have to coddle people and be overly politically correct to appease the social justice warrior clowns so they don't "offend" anyone because they're worried about hurting their brand's image and bottom line because of bad press on social media/cable entertainment networks.

22. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

His response was that he just took advantage of a system that was legal. His supporters love that about him, but when someone is on welfare for food, they freak out. Funny how that is.

23. Meister Suspended

Meister

Excellent asortment of your usual keywords. You forgot racism and transphobia. Or any other -phobia you can come up with.

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

And you call Trump supporters anti-intellectual :D

25. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

afaik there were 4 restructuring deals on his companies, and he even put money out of his pocket to keep the business running, none went belly up.