Donald Trump’s Wikipedia page was deleted today. Twice.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 23, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Well, that's typical. Don't like a politician? Vandalize his/her Wikipedia page.

(Hey, we can always use another Donald Trump thread.)

Anyway, for some reason Wikipedia vandals infuriate me. I guess it's because I consider Wikipedia one of the best things on the Internet.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

It's the left activision that want to paint any Republican as a bad person. Plus they want to shut up people that they disagree with. I wouldn't be surprised if people here ask that I be shut up too. Just watch!

Yea I know the Donald is a fire breather hack and Ithink he off his rocker! However if someone disagrees with his big mouth (like I do) he does have the right of free speech, even if I disagree with it. So just don't vote for him is the elections, it's that simple!

3. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The odds of the vandal being a Hillary Clinton supporter, and fan of John Stewart is very high.

They will be throwing pies in his face at rallies soon enough.

Love and equality and freedom of speech...yeah...that...

4. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

There's a lot of it about.

Where I am at now many of the big name powers that be (or wannabe) have a very small presence on the internet, and their wikipedia page is quite limited in the information provided, if it exists at all. These dudes are quite effective in controlling information about themselves.

5. dec. Suspended

dec.

Yep, probably all those democrats and liberals met in one room and made this master plan of deleting "Donald Trump" from the internet!1!!

Talking about "love and equality and such", you should go and visit some conservative sites like "Breitbart", something tells me that you personally won't be THAT amused by the "Love" and "Equality" that "conservative 'Christians'" display there :) . "Freedom of Speech" - not really, they've blocked me for the simple fact of putting mythological terms like "God" or "Christians" in quotes, while they have no issues with someone talking about "Islam", "Negroes", "Homosexuals" or "Muslims" in quotes. So how does this work for someone like you - can we generalize that behavior as a "conservative behavior" that applies to all?

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

It's not like we don't have a liberal precedent.

7. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Could also be his campaign. That would allow him to get on stage and say they're trying to shut me up I must be saying something right...

8. dec. Suspended

dec.

Hm, now that looks like it's a total habit of liberals to throw cakes around! How's the Breitbart visit going? :)

(Maybe our "god"-fearing sweet Melissa could find a new customer base by selling cream pies?)

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

All I saw was a reference to cream pies...

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Most likely it was Liberals in cahoots with ISIS and the gays.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

You do realize that, from a purely pragmatic, game-theory, political strategizing viewpoint- Donald Trump is the greatest gift the Democrats could possibly wish for.

Trump's candidacy has, from the Democratic standpoint, precisely zero downside.

If Trump should (by some miracle) win out in the Republican Primary process, his toxic idiocy would alienate not just Hispanic and African-American voters, but enough of the sensible, decent white electorate to make a Democratic landslide a very real possibility. Forget about Florida - Texas and Louisiana would be swing states.

If Trump decides to run as a Speak-The-Truth Independent - even better. Basically split the Republican vote in half, all but guaranteeing a Democratic landslide. The only question being how far the ticket the Donald's toxic coat-tails droop. (Sorry, mixed metaphor.)

Sadly, I doubt the Donald really has the stamina or toughness to endure another nine months under the sort of spotlight a political campaign produces. But we can always dream.

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'm surprised that Wikipedia hasn't set the page to limited editing. They usually do for active, controversial figures and events.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Don't you mean t3h gheys?

15. kolax macrumors G3

He tried to stop wind farms being installed near his golf course in Aberdeen (Scotland) because they'd ruin the view. Luckily he failed. He's very old fashioned with too much wealth and power. He won't do the world any good, he'll only help wreck it more.

I worry if he got enough votes by Americans what he'd do.

16. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I just made a minor edit to the Trump wiki, although I have a registered account with a long history. I'm sure it's locked-down against new accounts/those with few or no edits.

BTW, Trump has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Who woulda thunk?

17. samiwas macrumors 65816

Oh, look...we have a victim here, people!

Dude, go to a conservative-leaning forum, and tell me what you see there. Tell me about all the polite, agreeable conversations you read. Tell me about the acceptance of other viewpoints and the balanced discussion over them.

What does his right to free speech have to do with us discussing him on this forum, or anyone discussing him for that matter?

And no, it's not just as simple as not voting for him. Cancers like him need to be called out and displayed so that more people know about how awful they are. Otherwise, people who don't see this information might vote for him just based on either having heard his name or seeing an (R) or whatever else next to his name.

18. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Do you need a hug?

19. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Would you like one?

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Maybe Trump took it down as he creates the best, most fantastic, yooooooooooogest Wikipedia page in the world.

21. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I'm not a Conservative! Plus if you read through I think Trump is fire breather looking wind up people! I believe in compromise legislation because I always felt the truth is always somewhere between the conservative and liberals. The current climate in DC is only two extremes right now!

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The Democratic party isn't far left though, any more than our Conservative party is.

Syriza in Greece is far left.

23. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

The problem with the ConservativenParty is has been taken over by the nut wing religious nuts that have taken over it. They're just as bad as the Liberals in telling us what or not to do! If I see one more stupid you can't do this rules I am going to scream! :(

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Agreed. Same's true here.

25. xmichaelp, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015

xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Comments sections on conservative websites are the most vile things on the web.

Whatever it is we call the left in America is anything but extreme.