Donald Trump and the US Military. Shock and ugghhhhh....

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Apr 26, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Courtesy of The Huffington Post. An insightful look at how current and former military officers are reacting to the prospect of a Trump Presidency.

Trump is pure bovine excrement. I don't know why so many people are incapable of understanding this, but there we are. For instance, when are first began his Presidential campaign he made a shallow, pandering play for military votes:

but of course:

Trump's cynical, bovine excrement claim to be able to help veterans is, sadly, but the least of his problems. The biggest is the fact that he has publicly declared his intention of ordering our professional military; intelligence; and law enforcement personnel to commit grave criminal acts. Not surprisingly, more than a a few military officers are concerned about the prospect:

Donald Trump talks big. But the reality is this: He is utterly emotionally, intellectually, and morally unprepared, incapable, and unworthy of being placed in charge of the military of the United States.

How anybody can seriously delude themselves otherwise is totally beyond my understanding.

PS: That photo at the top of the page? Come the revolution .......

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

On the flip side you have a candidate who can't even manage her emails properly, let alone a country. Bovine excrement indeed.

3. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

The military hates the current POTUS and they trust Hillary even less. Trump will be fine. :D

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

people believe in santa and god that loves them. so it is easy to think trump loves them too.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 26, 2016 ---
    and a candidate that can't manage personal grooming very well does not have a filter on his mouth and will say anything and change it 10 minutes later. and act presidential any time he wants and do a good job of it.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Let's not forget the $6 million he raised for veterans, half of which has seemingly disappeared. Can we mention the 9/11 small business funds he stole? The man is bovine excrement that even flies won't approach.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/22/trump-vets-chair-charity-money-not-my-problem.html

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I see many Trump bumper stickers on military bases. Quite a few Bernie's, too. I have yet to see a single Hillary.

[​IMG]

8. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

This is what twenty years of Fox News; of right-wing talk radio; of Drudge, and Breitbart; the NRA and Evangelical Christians have brought us to: A Republican Party likely headed into a general election with a loud mouth braggart of a reality TV star as its Presidential candidate. An oaf, a poltroon. A serial misogynist and bankrupt. A man with precisely zero education or experience of Government or public service of any kind whatsoever. A liar, a thug, and a cretin. A man who badly dyes his own hair.

Thats what Fox News and Rush Limbaugh hath wrought. If Sarah Palin was the foul belch of 21st century Conservatism breathed into the face of the American people; then Donald Trump is the projectile vomiting hangover of a two-decade long binge of lies and hate.

Good job, Roger Ailes and Rush Limbaugh. Good job Koch brothers. This is the filthy, toxic mess you've brought upon yourselves. I hope it kills the lot of you.

9. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The denial that the left has over why America is in the position it's in is so very sad.

America is voting Trump because the progressive policy and non action of THIS administration is the last straw. America is in severe decline, and without a major change in direction, will never be able to recover.

It's time career politicians who have sucked off the tit of the taxpayer go find a real job.

It's time to stop putting lawyers into political office, since they all have agendas and backs to scratch.

Trump will shake up Washington and has the balls to make America great again - and he CANNOT be bought - unlike Hussein and Billary.

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You're a king among fools if you stand by the claim that there has been ANY progressive administrations in the last 50 years.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Guess saying hope and change doesn't get you very far.

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

My family is 3 generations military. We are all firmly in the Hillary camp.

14. kapolani macrumors regular

There's evidence that Clinton has left people behind to die.

People tend to NOT want to serve for people like that.

I wouldn't fight for a leader like that. Many service men and women feel the same way.

15. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

About as far as "make America great again".

16. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

As a vet and officer I can't see how I would be better off left behind somewhere by a Clinton administration.

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Makes you wonder how they must feel then being sent to die by the thousands for a unjust war like the last GOP POTUS did.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Corporatism under a sloganeering campaign does not equal progressivism.

19. kapolani macrumors regular

They probably didn't like it.

But, you sign up for the job with the knowledge that you may be sent to war.

You don't sign up to be abandoned and left to die by the POTUS.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well, have fun in Syria then. Also, yemen, and whatever conflicts we are planning on getting into in Africa.

21. kapolani macrumors regular

How do you know that?

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You either have to admit that you have no clue what Trump is thinking in terms of using military force, regardless of him constantly hinting at open aggression on the world stage, or that he's an empty slogan just manipulating people's poor understanding of US and geopolitics.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Either of those will do. He's a bad hairdo with no brain under it.

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

B-b-but he turned millions into more money, in America that's the true test of your intellect!

25. Snoopy4, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

This.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016 ---
    And firmly in the minority. If any military member had done half the crap with classified documents and personal emails they'd be in jail and therefore know she's a fraud. I spent 20 years in C2 Ops, so Hillary can kindly spare me her ********.

By the way, what kind of person leaves troops to die then says "what difference does it make". Pathetic.