Donald Trump cancels "Hannity" interview

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 13, 2016.

1. rdowns, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow, even Hannity isn't a safe space for him anymore. You know it's real bad when you cancel on your bestest media buddy.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/13/media/donald-trump-media-strategy/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I thought the same thing when I heard this. The candidates have flipped. Hillary has come out of hiding and Trump has gone into the witness protection program. :D

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Either he did something despicable and hoped those he abused would not say anything, or they are taking advantage of a situation and falsely accusing as a means. There is no trial yet, and we are not on the jury.

Maybe he canceled due to a lawyer's advice, since anything said publicly might be used... Another possible reason for dropping out is personal guilt.

If not other reasons. I'm not going to sit here and think of them all.

It's definitely an October surprise of the sort not many were expecting.

Now if it were the other way around (meaning another candidate since there are 4 candidates that have made the news just enough), at this juncture, I'd say the same thing about them... with the people supporting the other candidate then making the same bs accusations of f"apologist" of spin while not understanding the truth. In other words, my previous paragraphs in saying all that are just citing some possible options of which many exist. Not apologizing for him nor defending him at the expense of all else, I am not a lawyer on TV and I'm not paid to be his ally just like you're not. Whatever their trial decides will be accepted. So is that simple enough to understand, which I say to the people who would misinterpret those previous paragraphs and accuse as being "apologist" for? Being an apologist would be taking sides off the bat. That is demonstrably and clearly not the case. So don't spin it or take any part of my post out of context to make a bogus claim.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im going to assume he canceled because Hannity is a huge ***** and Trump would not be able to keep his hands off.

5. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Does DC have those laws that force sex offenders to go around saying hi to the neighbors when they move into a new house? Trump may be so confident he will win that he's busy walking up and down Pennsylvania Avenue.

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't know it has finally dawned on Trump that appearing on Hannity simply isn't going to win him any more voters. Because it seems very unlikely that undecided voters in Florida or Ohio are going to tune into Fox News tonight and suddenly have their doubts about Trump answered. Going on Fox News appeals to Trump's base - but it does nothing to expand it.

One of the good things about this election has been its opening up a rift between the people who at least pretend to be serious journalists at Fox, and the carnival barkers that make up their prime-time lineup.

7. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Hannity is having Clinton's accusers on. I'm sure Kellyanne put the kibosh on Trump appearing.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He's just figuring that out now? Wow..he's a quick study! Lol
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    Why is this an issue now? No one seemed to take issue with him being next to them in his little pre debate press conference Sunday.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I fail to see the logic in any of this. What are people supposed to take away from that sort of show? "Yeah, Donald Trump is a pig - but Mrs. Clinton's husband is just as bad.." Not exactly the sort of ringing endorsement Sean Hannity thinks it's going to be.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Ugh. Turnout suppression. "Tune out, turn out to vote" is not how it works. Not sure which set of voters will be more turned off though.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Well my guess would be how much of a hand Hillary had in trying to squash them, it's no secret she did.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I have to be really fair and you should too.

He isn't a sex offender. Period. He has not gone to any criminal trial and been found guilty.

Don't go down that path. This is still America and we have a Constitution.

13. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sean Hannity and logic. WTF dude?

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah well I'm sure that question was pitched to Trump by his handlers, either before or certainly after he went there on this stuff to begin with. Trump is incredibly self-destructive. Hang out a wife on a laundry line for how she displays not liking the "other women" in her husband's infidelities?

Seriously, does he only see himself when he looks in a mirror?

What's that long blond hair on your suit, Don?
    Let's show it to Melania and see what happens next.

Duh. I'm sure Kellyanne Conway went over this but...

Dear Donald, what percentage of half the electorate
    is ever the least bit overwrought over the fate of
    "the other women" in the affairs of an unfaithful husband?

The other women are always lucky if the betrayed wife didn't bother to cite them all as co-respondents in a divorce action. (uh-oh... I wouldn't want to give Melania any ideas).

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wow you read that thing all the way to the end and you know he's pretty much done no matter what demographic he wants to focus on.

This is interesting, I don't know if it's backed up by other polls, but wow.

The poll asks likely voters to choose between the Democratic and Republican candidates in their Congressional district and finds Democrats up by six points, 48-42 percent. Democrats were up by just one at the end of September (44-43 percent).

"The Democrats are now prohibitive favorites to win the presidency, favorites to take the Senate, and it is no longer unthinkable that they could challenge in the House," says Shaw.