Donald Trump day of silence on Twitter for 9/11?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Just speculating here but don't see anything from him on Twitter today. Just busy or being respectful?

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I am sure, if nothing else, he will tweet a link to his remarks he made earlier this morning.

4. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I have been checking in on Trump's twitter account from time to time, tracking the whining he does. :) I have to say, his quantity of whining has gone way, way down over the last month or so, and almost disappeared now with the hurricanes.

I get the feeling that maybe Trump spends his time whining on Twitter when he feels he has no other outlet for his emotions. The man has no real friends to commiserate with, and so he looks for "congrats" (as he calls it) on social media to fill up the hole in his life.

But now, with his ability to "be on the scene" with these disasters (as opposed to trying to deal with passing legislation, where he obviously understands neither the bills being voted on nor even the process of voting), he's finally got something that he himself can do, rather than sitting and twiddling his thumbs while the people who actually understand governing do things for him. So yeah, he probably doesn't need to be tweeting right now; he's feeling happy for once.

5. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I think I actually agree with this, from a CEO mentality he's probably used to barking orders and making things happen. That's not exactly how it works in government.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I agree here, but didn't we say something about that at least 4 - 8 months ago, when we said that instead of being a CEO, he has to realize that he is now an employee?

Again, he's an employee of the people, hence why I said that he is now the people's *****. Elections from the people hired him; those same elections, as well as other processes can fire him.

BL.

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

he does seem to have turned to calmer language in his recent tweets.....maybe since his exchange with Kim

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I am pretty sure this was John Kelly's way to reduce the number of dumb tweets:

[​IMG]

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

... maybe it was a staffer messing up his passcode enough to get this ....
    download1.jpg

... I couldn't resist. :D

10. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Don’t worry about Trump.

Take a moment to reflect on the lives lost during the worst terrorist attack the world has seen.

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

All due respect, but sorry, no can do.

I have a sister-in-law's birthday today, and with all due respect to the fallen, I'd rather celebrate her life than to be remorseful of others. Again, no disrespect intended, but it isn't fair for her birthday to be remembered so remorsefully through no fault of her own, n'est-ce pas?

BL.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Well, in all fairness he said to take a moment, not to spend the whole day in mourning. Just take the opportunity to think a bit about something important, and then go up with your day and yes... do celebrate life!
    Happy birthday to your sister in law!

13. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

My anniversary was yesterday. And as I say to my wife every year, I'll never forget, its just one day before another national tragedy.

14. Fancuku macrumors 65816

Fancuku

Too busy with MAGA ;)

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You should be busy burning your hat like others are doing. :D

IMG_5120.JPG