Donald Trump has called on a ban on all Muslims from entering America

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Donald Trump recently announced he wants a ban on Muslims from entering.

He says we need to shut down mosques.

He says we need to track Muslims and study them to see what they're up to.

I have supported Trump since day 1, and I completely agree with all of the above.

The Internet, Twitter, forums, etc is against Trump.

But the truth is we need to do as Trump says and ban Muslims until they prove they will not harm us.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

First off, you're late.

Second, there is already a thread on it.

Third and finally, he is wrong, as are you.

With that, /wasteland

BL.

3. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

No, no, not just yet!! ;)

[​IMG]

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Can you answer one question for me? A great deal of business must go on between the Muslim world and the U.S., and include a good amount of travel to and from the states.

As someone who has professed their love of commerce and the stock market—are you okay with the impact this will have on business and free trade?

I think the subject is important enough to deserve it's own thread.

5. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

6. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

The Donald Trump a Fascist? thread doesn't cover the topic well enough?

7. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to give you a 2/10. Too late to the party and you didn't even put much effort into it.

8. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

How will Muslims prove they will not harm Americans??? How Donald Trump has got this far is beyond me.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's such a unique concept, the idea of banning people from entering the country based on a belief.

For instance, people aren't identified by their religion (afaik) when it comes to passports. So how would we identify Muslims in the first place? Oh, sure some might make it easier to figure out than others. But it wouldn't take a genius terrorist to figure out that by shaving their beard and wearing a button-down dress shirt that they could foil the whole plan.

10. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

Ok...
    Should we kill all the gringos because they have been involved in every single war and have been messing up with the middle east (which is located at the other side of the planet) throwing bombs just to get oil?

Americans could be considered a disease if that is the case. The thing is you can not take everybody and put them in one bag, that is what communism does. You can not blame all muslims because they shot some people in the U.S. That is just the media. If that is the case, more people died in the U.S. by Americans and then by black people and then by latin americans. So it is childish to believe that even muslims are a thread.

Anybody you know will die first by anybody from any other nationality rather than a muslim.

And the problem is that Donald Trump is just a car salesman, he is selling you a cheap idea and you are falling for it. Tomorrow Donald Trump is going to hunt you down if you are not agreed with him. And I am telling you because I am Venezuela and we have been dealing with a person just like Donald Trump, his name was Hugo Chavez and Trump has the same populist speech Chavez had. The same campaign.

Imagine that today a combo in Mc Donalds is $6 and in 17 years is $7,000!!!!!!!!!! That is the inflation Venezuela got with Chavez and you will get the same with Trump.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'm all for profiling suspected terrorists but this is bat **** crazy.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

13. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

He is just doing what he does, keeping his name in the headlines, nothing more.

14. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

That plus the all-important job of spreading the hate...

And or course, being a dick.

15. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

16. localoid, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Fomenting division, fear, and hatred is a little more than merely keeping one's name in the headlines.

18. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Yeah, a number of outlets have pointed out that this came right after a poll showing Ted Cruz leading Trump in Iowa was released.

19. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

I think it is just common sense. In China, they do much worse. In Russia as well.

We need to not let Muslims enter our country since they have proven themselves to be a threat as seen in the shooting. She came in LEGALLY btw.

That's a problem

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

We are not China or Russia and to compare us to them shows how little you understand what America stands for to begin with. FYI it's the extremist that are the problem, not the religion as a whole.

21. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Maybe hate is what this country needs, being nice has killed us.

22. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

So in the not so distant future, you look forward to becoming a well-programmed robot and enjoying your daily two minutes of hate...

23. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Ugh

24. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Wait what? I thought you were in love with the concept of hate.

25. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

So are you suggesting we should "stand for" letting people who want to kill us into our country?

Because that's what is being said here. The lady who killed 14 people came in LEGALLY.

Surely you don't think that's a good thing.

Being a good American, FYI, is certainly not that. It's wanting to protect our people from those who do us harm.