Donald Trump has officially lost the plot

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, May 28, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

An unbelievable news flash from Donald Trump:

Screenshot from 2017-05-28 20-05-07.png

Yes folks, you heard that right: the problem with Obamacare was that the government was not spending enough money on it.

Wait, what? You want to cut taxes, decrease spending, and de-fund Obamacare, so that you can, I guess, reintroduce new taxes and increase spending on some other form of healthcare?

Something doesn't add up here, and I don't think it's just this man's arithmetic skills.

2. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Trump is not and never has been a conservative in any sense of the word. He simply says what he thinks his base wants to hear.

Shouldn't liberals be happy about this?

3. Rigby macrumors 601

Yeah well, Mr. President, perhaps you could start by not endorsing Paul Ryan's plan to cut $800 billion in healthcare funding over 10 years, and then proposing a tax reform that'll cut another $600 billion.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Actually the best thing anybody can do is stop reading his tweets.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's no comfort to hear a delusional man shout nonsense off the top of his head.
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2017 ---
    Agreed. Just another meaningless message from our stupid leader.

*unfollow*
    Too late. They already had an orgy over that legislation on the White House lawn.

6. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Happy to replace a program that hundreds of people spent years to design an gain approval for among both political and industry leaders, with something that Donald Trump just made up off the top of his head this afternoon?

I suspect whatever he has in mind will be vastly inferior in pretty much every respect.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

LOL, this will make Republicans flip their collective wigs. We might get an impeachment yet. :D

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

He just told us what he has in mind, "... add more dollars to healthcare and make it the best anywhere."

That's as deep as his mind goes.

Unless he proves it by actually spelling out policy—something trump is incapable of doing—you can't be fooled into believing there's anything more to his shallow-end tweets.
    They know it's just harmless drivel. If the man actually had the brains to come up with a plan, then they'd be worried.

9. IronWaffle, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017

IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

So glad he's back and well-rested. I wonder who gave him the wrong meds tonight.

Who exactly is he trolling with this one? Ryan? Dems? ____________?

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Yes, but, there is a distinct message problem coming from the Republican corner of the ring that if not all ready will be causing them major headaches.

This is how I see it, it's all about him. Trump is now worried about his political survival, is grasping at straws. Not only does he throw his Administration under the bus almost daily, now it's the entire GOP, anything to give him life as if he can redeem himself in the eyes of his minions. I'm starting to feel sorry for him, but not until he's out of office, no longer plaguing us.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I honestly don't think he's capable of that kind of thought. He's simply trying to MAGA by throwing out hollow slogans that he thinks might motivate and inspire people. Never mind that it contradicts the will of the Republicans he was just French kissing over their healthcare bill. Those are just details that the little people have to figure out.

12. HEK Suspended

HEK

No.....best think to do is take his phone away from him and cancel his twitter account.

13. Zenithal Suspended

Libs should be ecstatic, but I assume they're rolling their eyes at Donnatello's new found sense of enlightenment. Otherwise known as a senior aide taking him aside and giving him basic high school economics lessons.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Why would I be happy about something that will just change tomorrow or next week? Consistency isn't exactly his strong suit. Other than consistently crazy and inept.

15. Zenithal Suspended

16. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

There is a movement on Twitter to get people to unfollowed him. I'm tempted took follow just so I can unfollowed. LOL

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I classify myself as a moderate, but I am thrilled President Trump is so transparent. The hope is his minions will wake up sooner than later.

18. elistan macrumors 6502a

He must have had lunch with somebody who supports government support of healthcare. Next week, he might have lunch with somebody who supports the government getting out of healthcare entirely and would Tweet that position.

So yeah, this is nothing to celebrate.

Still, it's odd to see an admission of needing to fund healthcare by the government, yet criticize the ACA at the same time as trying to defund it. Maybe he will se the logic of funding the ACA? Nah, doubt it, Trump and the GOP have the need to piss on and burn to the ground anything that has Obama's scent on it, no matter how beneficial it is to Americans.