Donald Trump lost most of the American economy in this election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 23, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Kind of stunning.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...p-top-table-main_economy-1125a:homepage/story

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I don't know if this is really a partisan comment, but if those areas represent 36% of the economy and 49% (ish) of the population, maybe they saw the system of always favouring the rich... I still don't know why they thought Trump would change that... chalk it up to frustrated with the status quo?

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It's the same story with congressional elections, where we lose seats despite having more votes cast for Democrats.

Republicans have outplayed us. Congratulations to them.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long for Democrats to catch up.

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I'd still rather play it non-partisan and hope for social / economic reform. It's just that Trump was really not the social/economic reform I'd like to see out of the USA, but I hope at the very least this kind of election result will spur on more more voter interest and a greater social dialogue.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You want to move back to a system where you only get a vote if you are rich or what? What are you proposing here?

6. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Makes sense, where is the economy and what does it naturally attract, people. High population areas tend to lean liberal. I don't see this ever changing so it's more of a feel good story if anything.

7. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Well I have always felt Hillary lost the Election on two Democratic principles:

1. "it's the economy stupid"

2. She needed to travel to interior States during her campaign run!

None of your arumments will change my mind!

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Maybe Wallstreet had something to do with that ;)

I'm not particularly surprised though. It makes sense. I suppose it can either highlight flaws in the electoral college or a disconnect of financial inequalities.