Donald Trump should just shut his friggin' pie-hole already

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Jesus, if he's not picking a fight with Rosie O'Donnell, he's doing it with Dan Rather.

CNN

Aside from Trump being totally wrong about Rather, for the life of me I don't understand why this moron gets headlines as if he's some sort of wise elder statesman sharing his vast knowledge with us. Shut up, Donald. And give it a rest, MSM. :mad:

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I always thought Trump was a bit of a loser...what does he have other than money and a bad hairdo?

3. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Is there a new series of 'The Apprentice' about to start?

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump has a point, Dan Rather was out of touch and out of ratings for many years.......ur fired.:p

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

6. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Do I get a prize? Ooh, I do like prizes! :p

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

funny you should ask, if Trump wants to talk about bad rating..... well:D

8. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I thought that show got cancelled. If not, it should have...

9. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

If people don't want to hear Trump's opinions, why do people keep interviewing him? Blitzer's the 'tard for asking his opinion on the subject.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So would you also say that the journalist who interviewed Sean Penn regarding Venezuala was the 'tard, not Sean Penn and his opinions?

11. pdham macrumors member

can we not use the word 'tard as derogatory term.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Their favorite variant on the term has the prefix lib- in front of it.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Depends on what you mean. If you are asking whether Sean Penn should be asked his opinion on political subjects in general, then no. If you are asking whether a reporter should question his actions and statements regarding an actual trip to see Chavez, then yes, it's relevant news.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

glad to see you're so open minded when it comes to opinions and support the 1st amendment :rolleyes:

15. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Heck, why not get him on Cavuto's show and ask him about investment advice? It would be as valuable to the general public.

He's a decent actor. I wish interviewers would concentrate on questions about his craft and projects in work. If he acts in or produces a movie with political issues, then asking him about it is fair game.

16. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

Heres my question......

Why do so many people care what celebrities think? I mean are so many peoples lives so empty that they actually have time to care what celebrities do and what they think? Im tires of hearing stories about celebrities and when they mess up or give their opinion on something. People in this country need to get a f***ing life!

17. GanChan macrumors 6502a

Trump wants another high-profile fued. Rather ignores him. End of fued. :cool:

18. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Oh great. Another big public celebrity fight where nobody cares who wins.

19. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Here's a reason. Because ordinary people, non-experts and non-insiders, don't tend to get asked their opinion by the news media. Celebrities tend to be non-experts, and it's a way of letting the opinions of non-experts into the debate, without having to pick random Joes or Janes off of the street.

I used to like Bill Maher's old show, where he would have a mix of political insiders and celebrities on, and there was usually a good discussion. John Lydon is an example of a celebrity who's a non-expert, but can hold his own in a discussion with anyone (with often hilarious results).

Or do you think that the only opinions allowed on television should be those of Professors, journalists, or political and other media hacks?

20. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Amen. I was glad to see Rather didn't take the bait. Rather's obviously got a lot more class than Trump.

21. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I'm pretty sure every interview I've read about Donald Trump includes some variant of "<Insert name here> is a loser."

Examples:

"Mark Cuban is a loser."

"Rosie Rosie O'donnell is a loser."

"Pebble Beach Golf Course is a loser."

"Donald Trump is a loser."

Not so sure about that last one though...:rolleyes:

22. aquajet macrumors 68020

I believe that's feud, rather than fued. ;)

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Last I checked, he was a citizen and had every right to his opinion. Just as Trump does. We may not like it, we may disagree with it, but someone is obviously watching, so there it is.

He's a political activist. He's informed, and shares his opinion. Sure, some of it is about him. He's an actor, he wants attention. But he has just as much of a right to be on those shows as anyone else. Rush says he's just an entertainer. So does O'Reily. People like Ben Stein are interviewed all the time. They still bring people like Bill Kristol and Bill Donohue on as experts, despite how often they're both inflammatory and completely wrong.

Why do I get the feeling you only don't like it because you disagree with him?

24. MK2007 macrumors regular

Will someone please fire Donald Trump?

I am really sick of him and his stupid comments.

25. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Not true at all. I could care less about his opinion. I'm just sick of the media time and bandwidth spent following these celebs around asking them their position about topics that are just opinion.

And to be fair, I don't want to hear any actor's opinion on anything political whether I agree with them or not. It's hard enough sorting through the information put out there on topics from people that supposedly are experts on the subject without the noise from actors.