Donald Trump supporters care about nothing except culture wars

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Trump was in Alabama stumping for senate candidate Luther Strange. It really was just a typical Trump stump speech. In this one he decided to go after the NFL saying the sport had gone soft and players who take a knee during the national anthem are “sons of b**ches” who need to be thrown off the field and should be fired. Of course now ESPN and NFL pre-game shows will cover these comments to which the Trump cultists can whine about sports becoming too political. Then this morning Fox & Friends ran a story claiming Steph Curry doesn’t want to attend the White House event for the Warriors. 15 minutes later Trump tweets that because Curry doesn’t want to attend the invitation is rescinded.

Trump has zero legislative accomplishments. No repeal of Obamacare, no tax cuts or tax reform, no infrastructure bill, no wall. Yet he spends all his time trolling on Twitter and inflaming culture wars. And it seems that’s all his supporters care about. They don’t care if he actually accomplishes anything so long as some liberal “snowflake” is offended by something he said/did. Will the Right ever get it’s mind back or is it beholden to #Cult45 forever?

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/09/29/right-lost-mind-embraced-donald-trump-668180.html

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Why are you complaining if Trump isn't getting anything done?

Surely 2018 will be the Democrats year if this is the case.

3. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Having Donald Trump as President is like getting a daily stick in the eye.

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Because I want things to get done. I want tax reform. I want Obamacare repealed and replaced with something better. I don’t want 4 years of trolling and culture wars.

5. mgguy, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017

mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

You may want to contact your congressional representatives about that. I believe they are primarily the ones responsible for enacting legislation.

6. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

The president sets the tone and often times the agenda. I don’t think we’d have Obamacare if Obama hadn’t campaigned hard for it. Of course Trump doesn’t campaign for anything because he doesn’t understand the first thing about policy. Every time I hear Trump speak I feel like his chief of staff during his U.N. speech.

[​IMG]

7. ThisBougieLife, Sep 23, 2017

ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Exactly. I didn't vote for Trump and never would have, but I don't want him to fail. Improving health care and tax reform are great ideas; if Trump can accomplish them, so be it, and I would support it wholeheartedly. (One area where I will irk my fellow lefties and agree with the Trump supporters is the reduction of illegal border crossings. I do consider this an accomplishment and I'm glad for it).

But Trump latches onto these ridiculous "culture war" talking points to pander to his base and mask the fact that his administration isn't accomplishing much worthwhile. Considering some voices of the alt-right claimed they "memed him into the presidency", I think that's the highest regard some of his supporters have for him: a meme. As long as he "pisses off the left" and subverts traditional government, he's accomplished everything and more.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Anyone have video to see what specific context these reactions were to? John Kelly is involved in the speech writing process, and all I see are these two photos circulated around. If you watch someone long enough they will make some sort of weird pose.

9. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

Culture wars? A continuation of the Obama Administration.

10. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

You’re going to get 4 years of Trump not getting much done regardless of what Trump says. Did you think the Democrats would forget what the Republicans did during Obama’s terms?

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It's getting done. Trump's going to build that ****ing wall himself brick by brick if he has to.

12. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I like that attitude. If the Democrats did it so can the Republicans. Now the shoe is on the other foot. If the Republicans did it so now can the Democrats do the same thing.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    LOL... Need money to do it and Trump doesn’t waste his own money LOL

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

When is the last...first...only time Trump ever did anything himself.

14. Rogifan, Sep 23, 2017

Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

oh boy...254K retweets and 459K likes so far....that will enrage Trump more than the tweet itself.

EDIT: Kobe joined the fray.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump is the person that sees dog **** yet steps into it anyways.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Yeah because someone that is used to stand in the cold mud for hours can’t control emotions and actions during a speech he helped writing.

17. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

There really is a tweet for everything:

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I bet Kelly didn’t write “little rocket man”.

19. AsherN macrumors 6502

I heard that. El Cheetos ad-libed stupidity at the UN.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He does that a lot. Or has his minions rewrite it after Kelly and the official speech writers leave the room.

21. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Still I am pretty sure he’s capable to keep his emotions for himself while in public in such an important event. He’s not an idiot.

22. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

So Trump is doubling down on NFL players who don’t stand for the national anthem should be “fired”. Of course it’s hard to know when Trump is just stating a personal opinion and when he thinks something should be law. Also why did he decide to light this fire this weekend? Is something else about to drop that he wants to distract from? I’m also curious why he thinks playing for the NFL is a “privilege” as if none of them work for what they earn.

23. Zenithal macrumors 604

The NFL Commissioner's response was decisively brutal. Talk smack about football players, get put down by both the Union representing the players and the NFL Commissioner all on the same day. So much MAGA, so little time. I've been reading that hardcore Trump supporters have stopped going to and watching NFL games.

What's next, the NBA, Tennis, WNBA (oh, who am I kidding?), Footy/soccer/football (again, who am I kidding?)?

Is there a group DJT hasn't pissed off? The Catholic Church, perhaps?

"The Catholic Church and the Pope need to work on their child abuse issues!!!! or Be FIRED!!!"

I'd love to see the response from the church. What a putz.

24. MachCrit Suspended

MachCrit

Anything that knocks overpaid, self-absorbed jocks down a few notches is fine by me.

The NFL may have a big problem. This weekend will be interesting. Product on the field isn’t compelling so far.

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

There's your problem. You expect the NFL to actually be good. It hasn't been good for 25+ years or longer.

AFL (Australian Rules Football) is the way to go.

BL.