Donald Trump to begin fact-checking Times

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Jun 28, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

It appears that Donald Trump desires to become a fact-checker for the New York Times:

Screenshot from 2017-06-28 08-40-26.png

Amazing. You'd think this guy has a day job to do, other than becoming a newspaper editor...

2. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Do liberals ever tire of false or misleading statements.

3. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Yeah, I'm sick of the crap that spews out of the president's mouth every day. But, eventually, the guy in charge does teach the people he leads how to be successful. Misleading or false statements are the key to success in modern America.

4. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

You thought you'd post about Trump's bashing of the NYT, for making false or misleading statements, by creating a thread that is false or misleading?

You're on you way to the top, of the wasteland.

5. samcraig, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

samcraig macrumors P6

He won't fact check them because it will only expose himself to what his lies are and not.

Irony at its finest. Thanks for the laugh. Do Americans (note that I'm not playing party politics here) ever tired of false or misleading statements from POTUS?

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I never cease to be astounded by what a sad little man Donald Trump must be.

He is the President of the United States. The leader of the richest, most powerful and influential nation on earth. He commands vast armies; air forces, and navies. He controls intelligence services that have access to virtually every knowable fact on earth. A Justice Department and Court system without parallel in history. He has access to personal aircraft that will take him to any spot on earth in perfect comfort and security. He is, by any account, immensely wealthy. He has a beautiful wife and apparently adoring family.

And yet he spends his early morning hours furiously typing rants into a social-media platform best suited to hormonal teenagers and D-List celebrities.

Trump's feud with the NY Times is based on one fundamental fact: The people of Manhattan - the smartest, most stylish people in the smartest, most fashionable city in all of Christendom - never liked him. They saw through the vulgar, pretentious oaf from Queens. They saw what a fraud this son of a slum-lord must be.

And so now the rest of us must endure Trump's petty tantrums. Wary and aghast at the awesome power and responsibility America's imbeciles and racists have placed in the stubby fingers of the 70 year-old baby in the White House.

7. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Remind me, didn't liberals criticize Bush II for not reading the papers?

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Deflection noted. This isn't a question about reading papers. It's about a habitual liar being a hypocrite.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Bush II was a fine president compared to Trump.

10. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

The one that invaded Iraq for no reason whatsoever? The one that messed up in Afghanistan? The one that didn't do crap to prevent the biggest financial crisis of our generation? Really.

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

NYT? oh we agree :D
    --- Post Merged, Jun 28, 2017 ---
    no, hell no, not even close, see @yaxomoxay 's post.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Really.

Because Trump has done his fair share of warmongering. And the generals and other western countries deserve at least partial blame for Afghanistan and the financial crisis.

Of course Bush II did pass the first bailout which was an important first step.

13. yaxomoxay, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Look, Trump hasn't done much. Yet. I give you that he might become the worst President in history. But saying right now that Trump is worse than Bush II (a person I like) is just bias at work. And you know it. So far Trump hasn't really acted on anything other than a few executive orders which are vastly inconsequential (as of today). Of course things might change tomorrow and he might shoot nukes on Russia ending the world. But as 6/28/2017 9:45AM (CT) he hasn't done enough to call him a good or a bad president especially if compared to someone like Bush II. Trump hasn't even toppled any foreign government yet, which is usually a presidential pastime. It's just too early, and his actions have been so limited that it's truly impossible to evaluate him either way.

As for Bush II, yeah he passed the first bailout, but if you remember his very first proposal was canned by congreess because it was simply foolish (basically giving the Fed unlimited bailout powers removing Congress' right to ask for explanations). Also, I said "prevent", not "fix" for a reason.

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

trump is sadly continuing what the last retard got the U.S engaged in, no business at ALL in Libya or Syria , yet there we went, Trump was looking at leaving Syria and we got pulled back in by a false flag attack. :(

15. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I will agree with you that Trump does not yet have enough of a record in office to determine how good of a president he will be.

But as a man? George W. Bush was a saint, compared to our current *****-grabber-in-chief.

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Totally agree. I hope that Trump doesn't keep going on this route, but I honestly think he will intervene in Syria and quite possibly escalate the situation. :(

17. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

words VS action, man some liberals :rolleyes:

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I would drink a beer with Dubya over Trump a thousand times.

19. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I would too,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but ONLY if Bush was behind bars.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Absolutely. He's going to be your cellmate. Together with Obama and HRC.

21. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Well, of course that is what he's going to do. That's what he ran on. That's what people voted for. For example, when it came to ISIS, Trump's policy was crystal clear: "I would bomb the **** out of them".

Presumably, that's the fundamental policy he'll pursue on other foreign entanglements as well.

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

True. I don't mind him bombing Isis in other places. In Syria it's simply unnecessary and an excuse to keep waging pressure over Russia.
    Russia and Syria are bombing Isis already.

23. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I'd take one for the team if it happened that way, did you know you can make good shanks out of tooth brushes?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Exactly. Sounds like a full-time job. I fully endorse his career change, whether as fact-checker, bag checker, or Wal*Mart greeter.

25. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

We have been telling you that he is the hardest working Pres ever. Guy is everywhere. A machine :D