Donald Trump Used Campaign Donations to Buy $55,000 of His Own Book

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Aug 24, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Don the Con strikes again.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-donations-to-buy-55-000-of-his-own-book.html

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Not a surprise. He's built his entire life conning other people. He should be Madoff's neighbor in the gray bar motel.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

5. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I don't think that Trump can make a dime out of it, at least not directly.

6. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I see you ducked out, AGAIN, on meaningful debate. You asked for sources and 5 or 6 were provided regarding Trump's documented racism. At this point, I can't be bothered replying to disingenuous people. I'd rather get my dick caught in my zipper.

But I will put you down as being pro-Trump violating campaign laws.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I could easily see where those responses would have taken us. It would have been unfruitful.

I frankly don't give 2 s***s about what you will or won't read. But I am determined to continue to bring Hillarys criminal nature to light.

8. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

That's easy to say when you know there's no real chance it would ever reach far enough to get caught in there.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Even when completely irrelevant to the topic. Well done. You're probably that guy who tries to argue with a cop that he shouldn't get a ticket because everyone else was speeding, right?

But but but Hillary. Sad. Desperate.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The 'desperate' phrase is over used and meaningless at this point.

Talk to the hand...
    Don't go there...
    TMI...

Ugh.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

12. samcraig macrumors P6

The irony.

13. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

With the Trump campaign in hospice mode, perhaps we should take it easy on his supporters.

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I was looking at some Reuters commentary about the Manafort-to-Bannon/Conway handover. Look at the third of the three photos. Conway does not look like a well person. Maybe can make a meme out of that for awhile.

That's assuming we get tired of looking at the first photo w/ Don's awesome "pivotal" salute.

Trying to think of something to say about the second photo in that piece, the one of Bannon apparently taping the session they were having on security. Someone thought it a good idea to put "Mr. Stephen Bannon" on his name placard. Always good idea to kiss up to a new campaign CEO.

Anyway I thought the Reuters headline on that thing was apt: "Going to the mattresses." This is going to be a really ugly couple of months in the media w/ Bannon on board.

15. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I remember her frequent appearance on Politically Incorrect years ago. She was always a looker. Age hasn't been kind to her. Based on her media appearances, she appears to be in over her head.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL Conway was over her head even while working for Todd Aiken... ran one up the flagpole for the St.Louis press about how Republican leadership ganging up on Aiken over his "legitimate rape" idiocy was like the feds picking on David Koresh at Waco. That flag did not fly very well.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_42658a4a-0996-11e2-990d-0019bb30f31a.html

She must have learned something from that one. Even if she didn't, the time for appealing to Trump's core followers is over. so Bannon and Conway, while needing to cater to Don's desire to tweet one out there now and then, have to try to appeal to some other potential voters, and it's probably too late.

There's a big chunk of independents out there, maybe as much as 30% when you add in the ones lying about being for Clinton or Trump right now. But that 30% isn't likely to go for either Clinton or Trump. They're going to go six ways from Sunday for Johnson, Stein, write-in Sanders, the ex-CIA guy, write-in-your-dog. So Don should be almost toast even now, with Clinton already up in states he helped put in play, plus big blues.

Still there is the black swan lurking. Plus the wonderment if a Trump-Bannon network is the goal rather than a presidency. I guess that could just be Fox getting all paranoid.

17. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hillary and Obama should be in ADX Florence.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight