Donald Trump uses a Mac

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermal, Oct 9, 2016.

1. thermal macrumors regular

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I'm buying a windows laptop!

Meh not a big deal lol

3. powertoold macrumors 6502

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Damn, guess I can't use my private jet anymore either.

5. Schranke macrumors 6502

Schranke

And... why would that change anything. do what people use affect what you use? if so you might want to re-prioritize some things

6. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

7. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Trump has used a Mac for quite some time. Kim Jong-un of North Korea apparently uses an iMac and has a Mercedes.

Better switch to a PC! You wouldn't want to be like those guys! :rolleyes:

I'm sure Trump uses Oral B or Colgate toothpaste too.

8. Schranke macrumors 6502

Schranke

:D and better stay away from all hair products too, i think it literally takes all of them styling his hair like he do

9. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

So does Hillary. Rand and Ron Paul, too. Most Congress members use iPhones.

HC.png RP .png RP.png

10. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

I suppose you should stop eating and drinking because Trump also does that.

Also stop dating hot woman because that is what Trump also does.

11. Zenithal macrumors 68040

OSX has an easier learning curve than Windows and doesn't change much visually with each iteration unlike Windows. Plus, it's more secure as the malware and virus landscape is much smaller than Windows and they simply work. Plus, it's their way to keep it chill with the kids.

12. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Depends. Did Trump say we should all boycott those and then do it anyway?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 10, 2016 ---
    Is that really true anymore?

13. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Well, I did adjust it for modern times. So, yes. I'm very tech inclined and it took me a while to use and understand Windows 7 coming from XP many years ago, and Windows 10 is just a nightmare to use. I recently went into the Apple store and stood in front of a Mac with the latest stable OS, and you know what? I hadn't used anything apart from Leopard which came on my very old early 2008 MBP. It took me less than 5 minutes to figure everything out. Apple just makes sense from a UX POV. It's fantastic.

Apple makes great strides in software. APFS is a hell of a lot better and more accurate than NTFS. OSX incorporates a lot of things that make the experience smoother and the OS a hell of a lot more responsive.

14. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

See. The fact that you consider Windows 10, which is essentially the same as 7 (who most people know how to use), a nightmare kind of paints you as abnormal. Most people find Windows easier to use than OS X, I would argue. Seriously, there is no real difference between 7 and 10 for a majority of users.

15. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

All Mexican residents now considering fencing rather than a wall for their front garden. Hmm, I wonder how this comment will be taken.

16. Zenithal, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016

Zenithal macrumors 68040

No. Windows 10, in my extensive testing on a second drive has proven to be a mess. Have you actually used Windows 10 on a daily basis since its open beta days like I have? It may be relatively the same as 7, but most of its optimizations interfere with power user use. I guess for a simpleton they're the same thing with a new skin, but they're really not. Not to mention how it mangles install files, has a habit of corrupting drives, and resets everything with each major update. Not to mention that Microsoft is now getting rid of the very old and redundant use of several instances of svchost that will hog CPU and RAM use for an extended period of time before another program requires its use. A problem Apple has never faced themselves. From a security stand point, OSX is still better even though the percentage of attack vectors has increased over the last 22 years when I first used my first Mac.

And for a supposedly "Great" OS upgrade that was free for an entire year, the adoption rate by legitimate route has been terrible. With most forced onto Windows 10 downgrading back to their previous OS, be it 7 or 8.1. Apart from its annoyances, each update introduces more glitches and problems which litter user forums and various social networks. Or the fact that Microsoft was caught astroturfing against complaints on Windows 10 online. If that doesn't say disaster, I don't know what does. But perhaps someone like you, a average computer user won't notice the differences.

And before you ask, I've used Windows since 3.1 and Mac since the performa days. From your post history, I see you use a Surface Pro. When was the last time you set up RAID in Windows, when was the last time you set up a Windows based NAS and didn't opt for a Linux based solution, when was the last time you did heavy video editing, when was the last time you used Windows Powershell to get things done? You likely haven't. I can bring up hundreds of things I've done that you likely haven't and probably won't for the rest of your computer using life.

People don't like having their computer auto update with rubbish and rest everything. They don't want to be forced to shut down or restart in the middle of their work. The only way to get away from the stupidity of Windows 10 is to not use it, and if you're forced to use it, to purchase the Pro version, or if you're lucky, the Enterprise version so you can disable the stupid stuff it's capable of doing and fudging your system.

17. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

When Donald says something, he almost always means the opposite. I thought people would know by now. :D

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Looks like he is trying to figure out how to use it for the first time. :D

19. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

"Hey Siri, I just noticed if I add an A to the end of your name I get Siria. How did you arrive into this country?"

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Before or after his marriage(s)?

21. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

is it just me or do both of our presidential candidates look a little confuse looking at their computer screen?

22. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Mac - so friendly, even an Orangutan can use it!

23. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Except for maybe a couple of legacy apps that won't run on 10.

24. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

So does Rush Limbaugh so what is your point?

25. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

And it looks like it's a headless desktop Mac in some of those pictures