Donald Trump's Intelligence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Jan 5, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

For a long, long time now, Trump has disagreed with what America's intelligence agencies have been telling him. And so, he is now doing the logical thing to fix that situation:

and
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/lawmake...umps-dismissal-of-u-s-intelligence-1483554450

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

3. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Likely a bad idea to push analysts out into the field, cut the bureaucracy.

4. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

I don't think the bandwidth available on MR's website is capable of handling a discussion on DT's intelligence....

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

One bad intelligence failure and trump will have a lot to account for.

Honestly, I hope it doesn't happen.

But considering the state of things, he's really putting himself out on a limb.

6. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

The Donald's I.Q. is HUGE!!!:D

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

ahhahah I lol'd at this ;)

8. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Trump is afraid of being Comey'd in the future. He saw what happened to Clinton, and he knows the same could just as easily happen to him. Trump probably has no idea where his email server is. He wants to prevent it from happening to him. Can't say I blame him - it's a reasonable fear.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Sean Spicer is denying the claims in the WSJ article.

[​IMG]

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Agreed. Bush listened to his intelligence people regarding WMD's in Iraq, and people STILL won't let him live it down.

11. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Smart thing to do. Get rid of the chair warmers and political hacks. The others will learn from the example and start doing honest work or they'll be unemployed too.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Actually that isn't what happened. At all.

The 2002 National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq concluded, among other things, that there was precisely zero link between the Government of Iraq and the 9/11 attacks. It stated that fact quite categorically, something a fair number of Fox News viewers still choose to ignore.

The CIA was more circumspect on the matter of WMD. It did say, for instance, that Iraq had renovated a vaccine plant that may be used for the production of biological weapons. It also reported that individuals making claims about Iraq's WMD production were of "questionable" character - such as the infamous "CURVEBALL" source.

The CIA held up its end of the bargain: It gave President Bush all the information it had about Iraq, including reports that were - in the CIA's view - "questionable" and not reliable. The problem was that the Bush administration used these "questionable" reports as a rationale for something far beyond what the intelligence analysis suggested was there.

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It's just a warm-up for combining the US and Russian intelligence agencies so that we can share. All part of the gradual move to become the SSR-America.

14. citizenzen, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017

citizenzen macrumors 65816

I thought about responding similarly, but figured it was going to fall on deaf ears.

Thanks for putting in the effort despite the likelihood that it won't make a difference.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 5, 2017 ---
    I would have no problem with an alliance with Russia so long as it doesn't come at the expense of NATO. If Russia wants to join NATO, or at least become an ally with the U.S. and European community, then that would be a positive thing.

The question that I have is how much would we have to give up. I doubt that Russia is looking to form an alliance without seeking something in return.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Right. All the Mensa members here would go crazy. :rolleyes:

16. bent christian, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

word is he rarely if ever uses email and instead picks up the phone.

18. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Translation: trial balloon up, responses measured, one option down, more to come.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 5, 2017 ---
    Yeah well it does kinda have that look and feel...

Xi Jinping memo to self: maybe rethink removal of NYT app from China's App Store. Maybe like to keep track of how NYT readers think this merger is going..

I'll tell you how this NYT reader thinks Trump's Russian reset is going: all too well. But don't take my word for it, we should each ask our own congress critters. Real Soon Now.

21. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

3 things Obama and the establishment idiots struggled with for 8 years.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

An absolute impossibility. One, other NATO allies don't trust Russia to not want to rope them into a recreation of the USSR. Two, we have our nukes aimed at each other, something allies tend not to do. Three, they aren't so good on human rights and the whole cyber warfare thing is a deal breaker. I just don't think an alliance with a former KGB guy is in the realm of possibility or would even work.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Easy. Russia won't need to join NATO, and what it gets in return for the partnership is a new SSR. The US will be forced to leave NATO as it will no longer be the US. I doubt that California will join the impending absorption by Russia and will not want to become part of its newest SSR.

24. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I doubt anyone disagrees that the intelligence community ought to be held to high standards and be productive? I think they need a hard look.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Okay, now you've gone a bit too far ... other than the part about California.

California will NEVER surrender!
    --- Post Merged, Jan 6, 2017 ---
    Every part of government should be held to a high standard and deserves a hard look to ensure it's working effectively and efficiently.

But why disparage the intelligence community so often, so publicly?