Donald Trump's new DC hotel vandalized

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nfl46, Oct 2, 2016.

1. nfl46, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. zin macrumors 6502

Vandalism is funny to the Clinton campaign worker, it seems.

3. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Well, since he doesn't pay any taxes, he can use that extra money he's been saving over the years to pay for it.

"Underbudget!" - Trump

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What a great cause. Obama should invite them to the White House.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    I'm sure he will have it cleaned up by the end of the day, meanwhile the trash who did this will probably get shot in the street by another black person.

5. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Was that necessary? REALLY?

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I actually saw this one coming. He has been bragging so much about this property lately that I thought wow..someone is going to attack it.

Has Trump Tower ever been attacked this way? Frankly with all the security around both DC and NYC I am surprised either property could be attacked but I guess this incident disproves that.

I hate graffiti so I absolutely do not approve of this. I do however approve of everyone avoiding spending money at this or any Trump properties. If Trump can call for a boycott of Apple, I can call for a boycott of his company too. :D

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Vandalism is wrong, and that doesn't change in this case.

That said, it doesn't look like they did any real damage.

One guy with a pressure washer can fix that.

8. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

All vandals should be sued or shot. Whenever some piece of **** vandalizing someone's business, it hurts their business. In this case the vandals are anti-Trump, so they probably do not have money unless they are some Wall St bigwigs, but it's doubtful since it's the District of Criminals, so shoot the vandals.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The death penalty for a little spray paint?

That's not ridiculously extreme ... nope ... not brutally, ridiculously extreme at all.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Or it could be amusing to the pro-Trump brigade who knew where the fingers would point when the vandalism was discovered. One could wonder how security for the site vanished long enough to allow the graffiti to go up. And did they have to phone it in to the media to get it noticed or were they patient enough to wait for it?

Since we don't have a confession from anyone yet, I guess the firing squad can go home.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Crime Is ok to the Hillary Crime Organization, I mean campaign. She can lie under oath, destroy evidence, and it's ok when her BLM supporters vandalize and break the law.

12. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I don't get it. Trump supporters are the cause of this? Like how people booed at Wellstone's funeral nearly 2 decades ago (since they were all Republicans posing as supporters or some other obvious tinfoil hat conspiracy), thus proving this country was not divided only because of Obama?
    BLM is a direct creation of Ms. Clinton? That's news to me!
    Likely

Statistically that is a higher probability, but a bit presumptuous as to who is shot by whom and if one is a fellow supporter of the other side or not?

Are you wishing a white or brown person did it?!

All BLM did here was to stir up support FOR Trump. Wait and see. Doesn't matter how right BLM is on some issues, pulling **** like this- wait, why am I doing the talking? Why don't you tell us what good that vandalism and other destructive behaviors accomplish? ...

13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, save the bullets for Trump and Hillary please. Mow them down until there is nothing but puddles of flesh.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Better yet, stay at one of Trump's hotels or resorts and when the bill comes due refuse to pay because you just weren't satisfied.

It works for the Trump organization when it comes to paying painters, architects, contractors, and piano makers.
    In this case, vandalism is counter-productive, but there are other occasions where vandalism is used when other forms of protest are countered by lethal force.

The vandalism of Israel's concrete barriers, anti-government slogan in Cairo just before the Arab Spring, and anti-Putin murals in Russia are all a sign that the "street" is not happy, but can't come out as a body politic. Yet.

We're assuming BLM did this—Trump's organization could have done it to try and pull focus—but even if they did, this doesn't represent, nor should it affect a larger movement toward justice.

15. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Property rights are sacred. It would make things easier. Trespass? Pew! Vandalism? Pew! Pew!

16. ucfgrad93, Oct 2, 2016

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hopefully whoever did this is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Bad posts? Pew! Pew! Pew!

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Graffiti is bad, but taggers with absolutely zero artistic talent are even worse.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Property is not sacred. That's just a misuse of the word and its meaning. Property and person should be secure, but to elevate the profane matters of stuff to the sanctified is wrong.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I would do that if I could stomach staying in a building with his name plastered all over it, but I just don't think I could bring myself to do it.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Most hotels will comp you the room rate if you have a valid issue.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, there's a response fitting the crime. :rolleyes:

This vandalism is idiotic. But then so is the idea of shooting the perpetrator.

23. APlotdevice, Oct 2, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Except that then you have to pay someone to clean up the bodies. And you'll have to compensate a company for a lost employee. And for therapy for all the civilized human beings traumatized by the event. Your plan makes no economic sense!

24. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

he calls everyone a cuck also. hes obviously trying to make up for his failures in life

25. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

My girlfriends parents have a property at one of Trump's buildings in NYC. They are pretty liberal people but acquired the property before this whole presidential run took off. So now, suffice it to say, they're a little frustrated... which I think is hilarious just on the account of the irony.

Their building is a little off the beaten track compared to many of Trumps other properties. As far as I have heard there's been no damage and everything has been generally appropriate, but I suppose it is a bit annoying to have people occasionally protesting outside because of where you happen to live.

As with anything, everyone has the right to protest appropriately. Damaging other people's property however is not. I appreciate in theory the ideal message behind BLM, but I don't condone some of their actions which I think is largely due to a lack of structure and organization- meaning too many rogue entities representing the group in negative ways.