Donald Trump's Problems are Much Deeper than a Campaign Manager

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, Jun 21, 2016.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

From Eddie Murphy: Delirious:

I'm in Washington, D.C.

(audience applauds)

I'm where Reagan lives! Ron!

(audience booing)

Hey Ron, they're the ones booing, not me! I didn't say ****!

(audience laughs)

(audience): Reaganomics sucks!

Eddie: What?

(audience): Reaganomics sucks!

Eddie: Reaganomics sucks? Well, tell us something we don't know, m***********!

(audience laughs and applauds)

Totally apropos.

http://www.npr.org/2016/06/21/48289...blems-are-much-deeper-than-a-campaign-manager

Like Eddie Murphy said, "Well, tell us something we don't know, m***********!"

BL.

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

It's a shame they write clickbait articles that gives Dems hope. How many times has such hope gotten dashed? A year's worth?

3. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Can you justify the lack of money? The firing of Lewandowski? The drop in the polls? Lack of depth in policy? Lack of discipline? Lack of political strategy?

Or, per usual, are you simply denouncing the article without acknowledging its merits? Because you do have a noted tendency to dodge and deflect.

BL.

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

What hopes have been dashed?

I'd wager that Donald Trump getting the nomination is about as good as it gets for the "Dems"...

5. Limey77 macrumors regular

I for one could not have hoped for a better candidate for Hillary to face. There is currently zero chance she will lose. But we mustn't count our chickens, Trump is yet to secure the nomination and it seems the Republicans are slowly waking up to just how toxic and damaging he is.

Personally I hope he does get the nomination and that forces the republicans to reconsider their party. It would be good for America in the long run for the republicans to adapt to the 21st century.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Comey.

7. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Of course it is! And while I know that the major Trump supporters in this forum will dismiss the following as "clickbait from a broke bankrupt site that can't even defend against Hulk Hogan", there is the following:

http://gawker.com/how-is-donald-trump-going-to-quit-1782312998

So the question still remains: Will Trump pull out on his own and maybe save the very little grace he has (he surely won't be getting any favours from the female, Hispanic, Black, or LGBTQ populace), or let his ego get the best of him and be resoundingly defeated by a member of the populace he has pissed off?

Either way, between summer blockbuster movies, Nebraska college gridiron games, and the production of ethanol, we'll be running out of popcorn well before the general election.

BL.

8. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

There actually is a chance that she'll and the fact that she's not wiping the floor with him speaks to her weakness. Clinton is neither loved nor liked by even her own party

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Hillary literally has the Trump card. :p

11. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

source?

BL.

12. Limey77 macrumors regular

I've said for a long, long time that a Ryan/Kasich ticket could have won this election. It still could, but the longer things go the harder it becomes for the republicans.

I genuinely believe that the big wigs in the party have already given up on the White House this time. They hope to limit the damage that Trump does and try (but fail to keep the houses) then mount a challenge in four years. Even then, unless Hillary is doing really, really badly I think they've already accepted 8 more years and how they can mount a slow burning 6 year campaign to win the big seat.

13. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

The issue I can see with that problem is that if the Reds fail to keep both houses, that puts the Blues in charge of passing bills that reverse and curtail the gerrymandering that was done in the 2010 election season. With 2020 not only being a major election year but also a census year, they will have had plenty of time to prepare for that, and have little repercussions for it, again if they take both House and Senate.

BL.

14. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

This... and a host of other Trump hating threads here, are proof positive that Trump remains a powerful force. Very Powerful Indeed.

The fear, the emotional hand ringing that oozes out of Hillary loving liberals is quite entertaining. Working overtime to minimize and destroy Trump, speaks volumes about their fear of competition.

15. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Surely anyone with common decency will dismiss something from Gawker as "clickbait." That should be a bipartisan opinion at this point.

16. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

so there are more Hillary hating threads so it must mean she is close to being omnipotent. now we just have fun with trump he is the ultimate reality tv star.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Define "wiping the floor". What does that look like? Can you be more detailed?

Powerful force? I thought you said in another thread that Trump had little possibility of winning? You need to make up your mind. :D

18. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Come on a trump lover can't be any more clear minded then trump.

19. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The 2016 Mercedes CLA is not an automobile I would say I liked. Its competent enough; but I find the steering very heavy; the power somewhat anemic in a $40,000 German coupe; and the entertainment center looks tacked-on. Its also expensive to insure and service.

But if my only other choice for daily transportation was a Yugo that was not just dripping oil, but was actually on fire - I guess I'd grit my teeth and go with the Mercedes .

20. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Funny post.

I am light years away from being a "Hillary loving liberal". In fact, I am a Hillary hating conservative/liberal. However, when faced with the choice between a corrupt, dishonest, sleazy Hillary and a lunatic (at the mouth, anyway) Trump, there is simply no choice.

A terrible choice beats no choice every time.

21. thermodynamic, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Clickbait, yes.

But aren't you a Dem?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 22, 2016 ---
    Given how the liberal/Clinton-owned/leffwing commie antibusiness/whatever media has put out articles saying Trump has wooed Bernie supporters while pro-Hillary articles purportedly state that she doesn't need them to win... it's better than a reality show, isn't it?

I wouldn't take anything at face value until after the upcoming debates, and the months-away election. Too many variables, but I have read news articles going back to the 17th claiming Sanders is working to convince supporters to vote for Hillary (so I think he will be conceding at some point...)

Oh, anyone asking me to post links means two things:

1. you won't read them, regardless of source
    2. posting links in the past clearly had the illiterates running to get educated so they could read the articles (um, not...)
    3. you're just a lazy American

22. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I'm unable to reveal them. You heard it here first.

23. Limey77 macrumors regular

Ryan/Rubio?? The same Rubio that just announced he's running for senate again?

What's the over/under because I want a piece of that.

24. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Donald Trump supporters don't care.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You mean the same Rubio who announced he's running for re-election after saying he hated his job and the Senate is not where things happen. Let's hope the voters send his ass packing.