Donald's tax plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by kobalap, Dec 9, 2016.

1. kobalap macrumors 6502

Trump's new tax plan in a nutshell. I hope they do away with AMT and leave my other deductions alone.

[​IMG]

2. Zenithal macrumors 601

If true, looks like we're benefiting from a near 10% drop in tax rate. It does look like those on part time will see an increase in tax rate, but those working a minimum wage job to an entry field will see a lower rate, and those in the middle class will stay at 25%, while those in upper middle class will see a 5% uptick.

Now reduce the military budget and divert the money to infrastructure and education. Now I do wonder where the lost tax income from high income households will come from. Unless I'm reading the chart wrong on lack of sleep, poor white America won't suffer as much as I thought they would under a Trump administration.

But I'll hold out until this is set in stone and not rely on something a month out.

3. kobalap thread starter macrumors 6502

For some reason, I thought that Trump's position was that the military is in disrepair, neglected and underfunded. With the so many former generals being considered as candidates for cabinet positions, I don't expect that position to change soon.

On the plus side, infrastructure spending + military spending could = growing economy. And not the fake kind under the Obama administration.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Looks like I'm just narrowly going to end up in one of the brackets that sees a tax increase to help pay for Trump and his friends to get their taxes cut.

5. Zenithal macrumors 601

Only in blue collar areas that develop physical hardware for the military and the defense industry as a whole, which should improve my investments in that sector. However, the issue I saw with Trump is that he's pissed off about how veterans are treated by politicians. Now, if he's not dicking around, then maybe vets will get the help they require. As Michael Moore pointed out years ago, politicians are happy to send young men and women over, never their children of course, but don't give a flying F about them when they come back.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Good luck with that, you're talking about the guy who attacked a gold star family, attacked McCain over his war record and claimed that avoiding STDs was his "personal Vietnam" Trump doesn't care about veterans unless it somehow can boost his huge ego.

7. Zenithal macrumors 601

There you go. He's an egomaniac. Of course he'll do anything to pat himself on the back. Doesn't affect me either way. If they reduce government spending, my ROI will decrease, but at least the education in this country may exceed current standards. Even when I was in university, the K-12 literacy and math skills were terrible. I have no idea what it's like in low performing districts. Thanks to Bush Jr. and his no child left behind act, a lot of current adults in their 20s are dumb as a bag of bricks.