Donna Brazile's New Book

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

2. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Get the popcorn ready. :D

Once again proof that Obama was the worst thing to happen to the Democratic Party.

3. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I was going to post this too.

I'm not surprised at all. Sorry, Hillary, but you brought Trump on yourself.

4. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 604

Plutonius

I'm not sure if we can entirely blame Obama on this. As I recall, he did do a lot of fund raising events when he was in office.

Donna seems to blame Hillary trying to control the DNC and Debbie Wasserman Schultz for mismanaging the DNC and letting Hillary dictate how it would be run.

I thought it was interesting when she mentioned that money was being syphoned off from any non-presidential race to support Hillary.

5. SusanK macrumors 68000

No. Clinton brought Trump on us.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I disagree. This is the direction the Republicans have taken since St. Ronnie.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I find Donna Brazile's book, and position, to be entirely unconvincing. In total it's a piece of "cover my ass" nonsense, written with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

As Brazile correctly notes: There was nothing illegal about the Fundraising Agreement reached between the DNC and the Clinton Campaign. Keep repeating that statement until it's meaning finally sinks in.

If Ms. Brazile was concerned about the state and local Democratic organization being short of money to fund down-ticket races, then it was incumbent on her (and those down-ticket candidates) to raise money themselves. They didn't. They sat on their asses and left it to Hillary Clinton and her supporters and volunteers (of which I was one) to actually write the checks and make the phone calls. All the while Bernie Sanders (and presumably his Bernie Bros) were playing footsie with the notion of "independent" politics.

To all the Bernie Bros who managed to let Russian Trolls dupe you into not supporting Hillary Clinton in 2016 - I hope you are happy. Because we've got the most dangerous Troll in the world sitting in the Oval Office as a direct result of your selfishness and credulity.

8. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

This has been the weakest cop out I've heard in ages, repeated over & over.

Who voted Trump to become the Republican nominee?

Who voted him into office?

[​IMG]

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

So it was Clinton that ran against the countless Republican canidates?

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Bernie Sanders signed the same agreement.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I don't think Clinton did anything in particular that gave us Trump. She was just a garbage candidate and the electorate was looking for something as far away from "been there done that" as it could get. People simply couldn't bring themselves to vote for her in some pretty key states. Judging by the local races all the way to the top, the democratic party needs to rework it's message and not be so anti-Caucasian (which is what a lot of low educated middle american people hear).

12. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Hmmm... Where did those Americans get that idea? o_O
    [​IMG]

13. SusanK macrumors 68000

Clinton lost the election and the GOP swept both chambers. We now have total GOP control.

14. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I love the smell of blame avoidance in the morning.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    And the R’s act like they lost.

15. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

www.democrats.org

16. zipur macrumors 6502a

zipur

Interesting link; not sure what your trying to say. Since we are in the heat of the NY tragedy. But interesting.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Just more bs from another high ranking Democrat trying to put blame on anyone other than herself.

18. SusanK macrumors 68000

I'm not certain who you consider to be Bernie Bros. I voted for Senator Sanders in the primary. I voted third party in the general. I will never, ever, ever vote for HRC. She spent years alienating everyday women since arriving on the nation landscape in 1992.

If 2020 is a repeat of 2016 Trump v Clinton I will abstain or vote third party if that is an option.

The animus toward HRC impacted the 2016 election.

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Aw, see I thought it was stuff like this...

https://splinternews.com/brazenly-racist-political-ad-mailed-anonymously-to-vote-1820066117

20. MachCrit Suspended

MachCrit

The key problem was Clinton's corruption with respect to raking in cash in exchange for political favors. It was blatant and unassailable in a context where voters had had it with cronyism and elites playing by a different set of rules for their own benefit while the working class suffered.

I was stunned that Trump was elected, but what else explains it? People voted against Clinton, not for Trump (aside from his angry base).

And yes, the Republicans lost too.

Good news is that the country will survive. The Founders were even greater Geniuses than the Amazing Geniuses who work their magic at the Applestore Genius Bar. ;)

21. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

The culture got progressively more liberal under Obama but at the same time Republicans control more governorships and state houses than before Obama was elected. If the Democrats win back congress in 2018 it will be backlash against Trump not because people love Democrats.

22. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I think that is literally physically impossible. It's also shifting blame for voter's remorse.

If you voted for Trump, you VOTED for Trump.

If you voted for a protest candidate you VOTED for the eventual winner... Trump.

If you didn't vote at all, you basically VOTED for the eventual winner... Trump.

If you voted for Hillary, you actually are the only ones who did NOT vote for Trump.

It amazes me the way people will spin away their culpability for the current guy in office. It doesn't matter the moral quandary you may have faced, ghosts of deceased slave owners taking over your body while voting, that check from that Russian ;) uncle you didn't know you had, you voted for Trump if you didn't vote for the other major party candidate. Stop fooling yourself otherwise and accept what you caused. The rest of us have to.

23. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Exactly, anyone can look at the exit polls and see it had more to do with not voting for her then it was voting for him.