Don't both US and UK online store macbook orders come from the same factory?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ylmzonr, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ylmzonr macrumors member

When I try to order macbook with british keyboard layout from US, it says 1-3 days, but macbooks w/ english keyboard ship within 24 hours. Why there is a time difference? If you are in UK and order a macbook w/ british layout, it ships within 24 hours also. Aren't they produced in the same factory? Shouldn't they grab a macbook w/ british keyboard layout which is produced in the same place and ship it?

2. Laucian Nailor macrumors member

Laucian Nailor

I think this is a definite..."some do, some don't" answer. My iMac was shipped (possibly assembled) in Dublin and was delivered within a week of order (a BTO). My MBP was shipped within 24 hours from Hinkley.

I've seen threads from guys in the US where some have received their orders that are marked 'assembled in the US' whilst others have seen them as being tracked from China.

I guess the answer depends on where stock has been moved to worldwide combined with the configuration you order.....sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't in terms of processing time.

3. ylmzonr thread starter macrumors member

I'm used to british layout, they are not so different though, just the 'enter' key. But this time I guess I'm going to order english one, I couldn't wait 3 more days to get it:)

Thank you for your reply.