Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Bought this on Amazon for $5.99, figured it would offer nice protection. However the glass can't conform to the screen correctly and you're left with what you see below. I'm processing a return as we speak. The plastic one that came with my spigen rugged armor was bigger and properly installs with the curves of the glass. No matter what I tried, the edges would not stick regardless of the amount of pressure I put on it.

385bfec6b767f25b20534f58ca5503ff.jpg

c5da1199ed7a660adf2152af60e4dd6e.jpg

Last edited:

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
an update: JETech sent me another one at no cost but the same thing happened. the edges dont stick as you see above. not to mention, i saw someone else on amazon with the same issue for another brand. it appears that the geometry of the AW screen wont allow for a glass screen protector. i wrote the company back stating they need to re-engineer them.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hard to believe these glass screen protectors were ever tested on a AW before they released them. Looks like the company is taking advantage of the fact that most will bey and never bother to return.

Kind of a low life business model!

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Just like how their leather bands slide on the adapter. JETTech SUCKS!

oh, and their pentalobe screws are in so tight you can't remove them.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Glass screen protectors, no matter what brand, do not "curve" around the edges. They are flat and only cover the flat part of the screen.

EricE

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Glass screen protectors, no matter what brand, do not "curve" around the edges. They are flat and only cover the flat part of the screen.

EricE
I'm aware of that and this screen protector advertises just that. However as you can see, either the screen isn't truly flat or their design is bad.

lewanchris

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2015
Calafornia
I'm aware of that and this screen protector advertises just that. However as you can see, either the screen isn't truly flat or their design is bad.

This seller also has so many fake reviews on there products. If you read them they are literally for products from 2014

I managed to get a refund of my jtech stand but also complained to amazon. I suggest anyone reading this also spends 1 minute writing to amazon so they take action against sellers like this

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Glass screen protectors were never going to do well for the Apple Watch. The normal PET film ones are alright, but glass is a definite no no. I've gone for those cover cases, snap on type that cover the front of the screen and also the edges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.