Don't Feed the Animals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Jul 5, 2014.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

When I go out socially with few of my friends, we have an informal rule that we call "Don't Feed the Animals"

Basically it means not to get drawn into conversations with people who are obnoxious, boring, or just plain weird.

And trust me, even in the nicest places there are people who fit these categories.

I'm starting to adopt this rule in my online life too. Which means doing my best not to participate in pointless debates with people who aren't interested in a "good faith" discussion. That doesn't mean not talking with people who have a different viewpoint. But it does mean walking away from discussions that are obviously meant to spur anger or hostility. There are, for whatever reason, people who just like stirring other people up.

And I think we all recognize the behavior and the individuals who do this sort of thing.

I'm not going to be stirred up. And I'm going to do my best to "Not Feed the Animals"

2. samiwas Suspended

I could make a list of a few of them. But I'll keep my account today.