don't get the whinning?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taipan61, Sep 13, 2012.

1. taipan61 macrumors 6502

if apple would have gone away from their basic design and come out with something totally different (but now looking like everyone else) they would be selling out their base value
    think Frank Lloyd Wright designing urban cookie cutter houses or Julia Child cooking Chinese
    the iphone has a look to it; like the car manufactures they need to stay true to their basic design which is iconic. to make it anything else would be caving in to the mainstream, a mac looks like a mac and no a pc for that very reason

but hey just my .02:D

2. MadGoat, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I think the issue is that you can redesign a Pinto to look like the most amazing sports car in the world, but when you leave the interior the same, it's still just a pinto.

iPhone 5 is pretty until you hit the home button and you see the same old stale iOS. An OS that has seen virtually no change since it was released (except for the ability to have apps.).

You look at windows phones and Android, they're making leaps and bounds in UI design to make it easier for the user to see what's going on from a screen of live tiles and widgets. iOS, you have to still open every app one at a time and see what's happening.

3. rellimie macrumors member

My brother has an android. I wouldn't call it easier to use.

4. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I would agree. They others are making them easier to use with every upgrade, and they still aren't as easy to use.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Apple doesn't release widgets. Just have to wait anxiously for the jailbreak.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Yes, WP7 and Android have had many major updates that have helped their ease of use. That's because they needed them, badly. iOS has been easy to use from day one. You act like the OS hasn't changed at all. It's just the look that hasn't, the OS has evolved quite a bit with tons of new features added other than just apps.

6. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

When I can see on one screen: the weather, who's online in a chat, my emails, the current track of my music, and my agenda, that's pretty convenient. Never said easier to use, but easier for the user to see what's happening.

----------

iOS under the hood has changed a lot, but the UI is very stale. Sure, iOS is very easy to use, it's really nothing more than a launcher of apps and a notification centre with a few proprietary Apple services running in the back. The UI needs a major overhaul to make use of that amazing hardware. Otherwise it's just a glorified sports car with a pinto engine.

Android has become easier to use to appeal to the non techies who get those free phones.

The lack of widgets/tiles or anything live, after 5 years is putting the OS far behind. Sure you have an amazing CPU in there, but it's doing eff-all.

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Have you ever actually USED it? For more than 30 seconds? If you haven't, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just because you looked at it and it looked complicated to your simple eyes, don't make the snap judgement that Android is harder to use than iOS. I get so sick of people doing that.

I've got both iPhone and Android phones...both are great. Both have a learning curve. Simple as that.