Don't Hate the Player! Hate the Game! Unlimited Upgraded and kept Unlimited Data!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Romeoc1984, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Romeoc1984 macrumors newbie

Romeoc1984

Well after a little sweet talkin, It looks like I got what I wanted! I just wanna show everyone here that it is possible to upgrade and keep unlimited data, dont give up! To give a little insight, I upgraded, got switched from the 2gb and then backdated to the Unlimited again!

Attached Files:

2. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Why is your next discount in June? Shouldn't it be in Oct 2014 or is it 20 months?

3. Romeoc1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

Romeoc1984

20 Months!

4. ace198 macrumors regular

My next upgrade is around the same day.

5. Romeoc1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

Romeoc1984

Having a nice pleasant conversation with the rep till they are comfortable with you and get them to do what you want...works with women too!

----------

I don't think I will ever upgrade again! LOL That UD is stayin! I officially turned wifi off, kinda nervous! lol

6. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

7. brand macrumors 601

brand

So you think that makes you a player? LOL

8. darster Suspended

When were you due for an upgrade prior to getting this phone? If it was earlier this summer before the family plans went into effect, and you waited until now, they will let you keep your unlimited plan this one time with upgrade. Just have to find a rep who knows of this policy.

9. hkfan24 macrumors regular

Until you post a receipt for how much you paid for the phone along with your screen name tagged next to it, the only thing you're playing is a game. Anyone can tout this and that, but proof helps your claim.

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

OMG, you are soooo cool. And, "it works with women too".

Lucky thing you are so smooth...and women are such suckers for your smooth and cool manipulation.

WOW...such a lesson for us clods who try to treat women like humans. I sure wish I could be as cool as you!!

:rolleyes:

11. über Guest

It seems according to his screenshot, that he has an upgrade on 6/12/2014, which would indicate he signed a new two year contract very recently. Given that fact, and that he still has his unlimited data, I'd say that's pretty good evidence.

I do find it hilarious that this guy's name is "Romeo".

OP, what exactly did you say to convince them to do this for you?

12. NismoRoadster macrumors regular

NismoRoadster

I dont get all the hype is with unlimited data when it gets throttled to 26k 1990s dial up modem noise. Beee bep bichuuu bomp booo bignga ga gap shhheee pikachu shh bing bep. Its like buying a 500hp Porsche with an 80mph governor.

13. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

What network is that? The sales rep said I will be able to keep unlimited on my ATT network.

14. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

15. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

16. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

That's the My Verizon page shown in the pic.

17. Bkfraiders7 macrumors member

It happened to me too. I was all ready to lose Unlimited on that line (because I was switching the 4S to it) but the Rep said it kept Unlimited.

So no, you don't have to sweet talk them. You just have to find someone that knows certain policies, or possibly computer glitches ;)

18. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

I call shenanigans. Verizon has an automated system that checks for upgraded phones every single month. If they somehow got the rep to request unlimited and it got approved, then after a month, the system would kick him back to 2 GB/month.

That being said, the rep actually can't just give unlimited data back. They have to REQUEST it. They have to give a good reason. If they word their request correctly, then it would be granted, but after that, the automated system kicks in... time will tell. Methinks Romeo will be in for a big surprise next month when he goes over the 2 GB limit and finds a whole bunch of charges.

19. Romeoc1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

Romeoc1984

We shall see wont we...

----------

The day im eligible for an upgrade again should be proof enough!

----------

Thanks man, at least someone got the joke!

20. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

21. Romeoc1984 thread starter macrumors newbie

Romeoc1984

It was a joke, take it easy....

----------

22. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Well if my man Romeo gets kicked back to 2GB, he'll just have to turn on that incredible charm on the first little lady that picks up his call at Verizon. He's like silk.

23. brand macrumors 601

brand

Evidently he is sweet on men too.

24. Jtludwig macrumors 6502

Only once a month..why not just all the time? Your post makes no sense. What is your source?