Don't like anybody else touching my iPad. Strange?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wesk702, Mar 18, 2011.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

K, am I the only one that doesn't like anybody touching my iPad? I used to keep it in the living room, but now I always store it next to the bed in my bedroom. Whenever anybody used it I'd feel like I was gonna "lose it" when I'd see greasy fingerprints on it.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I just spend the extra ten seconds to wipe them off...
    If they dropped my iPad, then I'd be pissed.

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

If it's not sarcastic - it sounds like you may need anger management courses if you feel like 'youre going to lose it' when someone touches your iPad.

or maybe therapy for OCD

or maybe you never learned to share - I'm assuming you still live at home because I didn't read the 'my room mate won't stop playing with my iPad' sentence - just talk to your parents or something. maybe you could 'take turns' :D

4. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

You gotta loosen up. Karma will kick you butt. It is just an iPad. I love to hand mine to people to share the experience. I think it gives me good luck!

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

...until they run off with your iPad :p
    I feel the same way with all my expensive electronic toys

6. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Exactly, a co-worker of mine got his iPhone stolen that way. It's sad, but you just can't trust people these days.

7. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Hot girls are free to touch my iPad - and anything else they want to touch.

8. Jarcrew macrumors 6502

Jarcrew

Who are you fools handing your iDevices over to? Call me a possessive freak but I wouldn't give my iPad to anyone who could, theoretically, run away with it, never to be seen again.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

...until they run off with your iPad :p

10. rkahl macrumors 65816

Seriously, unless you're trying to be funny, I probably wouldn't post posts of this nature.

11. David R macrumors 6502

I don't mind it and I'm always happy if someone I know shows interest in it. If a stranger approaches me about it, I'll give them a quick demo myself, but I will hand it to someone I know personally.

I do keep a close eye on them mostly because I use it for work and for fun and if they open any of the key apps that I use for work, I ask them to close it because I don't want to risk data loss or corruption while they mess with it.

Everyone's skin has grease, that's a fact of life. I don't mind it, and if I did, it can be wiped off easily and quickly.

12. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

why? while it would probably be better suited in the 'community discussions' area - this is a forum to discuss apple related products. there isn't anything against these 'types' of posts on the MR FAQ/Rules is there?

13. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Well, me and my co-worker were coming out of a bar and this guy came up to us and said, "Hey guys, I'm totally hammered and can't find my phone anywhere. One of you guys mine if I use your phone to call one of my buddies." I didn't trust the guy so I told him I left my phone in the car (and prayed it wouldn't ring while I'm telling this lie). My co-worker however says, "Sure bud, I've been there," and handed him his iPhone. Next thing I know, the guy zoomed down the street like a track star. Needless to say my co-worker was pissed and learned to never to do that again.

14. erure macrumors regular

I can understand. I'd prefer not to let other people use it since I don't really have any film on it yet, but I just let people use it if they ask.

15. blueridge macrumors 6502

blueridge

i dont like letting anyone touch my ipad 2.. some people are not so careful like i am with my ipad.. plus fingerprints.. scratches.. no no no.. :eek:

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow! Someone has some sharing issues.:p

17. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

I'm pretty sure even if I tried - I couldn't mar my iPhone screen with my fingernails - even if they were sharpened to a point

18. uruseiranma macrumors newbie

Sounds like this will be me. I've already gone 'Gollum' previously with the 1st gen iPod Touch and last summer with the '4.'

19. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

ahh My Precious! Nobody touches my precious! Nobody!! :)

20. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

Nobody touches my iPad. Not even the girlfriend. If I did happen to let her use it...I'd be right next to her and that thing wouldn't leave my sight. If she drops it- you better believe I wanna be there to catch it.

21. yamaki macrumors newbie

Jeez man, the main reason I have an iPad is to let my friends play with it at school. You've gotta lighten up and share. Probably more than 50 people have used my iPad and it's still in great condition (no case or skins).

22. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

23. mattkap macrumors member

24. JamesSmart macrumors newbie

JamesSmart

I dont have an iPad but its the same with my iPod or iPhone. If somebody uses it I think to myself "Great, I may aswell conciser it broke" and I watch them until I get it back

25. iLuis macrumors member

If someone ask for my iPad i said yes. :) you can used it.
    But i hate when they just want to go to your photos, your email some private apps.

Is the same with the phone... can i used? Yes :)
    checking text messages, photos, contacts, email...

:confused::confused::confused:

Is going to be more better if the iOS have USERS.