Don't like the new iMac?

OSUbuckeyefan

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2001
that's just wrong

irmongoose, you were way to kind in your characterization of those....monstrosities.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Shudder

ewwwww......

Those bulbous blobs of crap make the WORST concept design in the Apple Design book look positively elegant.

(and some of these look directly "lifted" right from that book...and then put through an "Uglyfication Filter")

I'd rather have ENIAC covering up the entire wall in my living room than one of those Mistakes of Nature sitting on the floor in a corner of my office.

Intel...ugh...more like In Hell.

Thank you, Omen88, for reminding us how lucky we really are. :)

Scott

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
Its interesting how each one is equally as bad as the other one, but in a different way.

They remind me of piles of vomit.

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
The problem I see with most of those designs is really basic.. they are different just for the sake of being different. There is no sense in their design. This is the one thing Apple seems to "get" that most of the people making so called "concept pc's" don't... form follows function. These look like someone was locked in closet with "The Big Book of Abstract Art" for way too long as a child.

That said, if any of those were released, they would sell. Not a lot, but they would sell.

Omen88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2002
Flanders (Belgium)
Re: Shudder

Originally posted by voicegy
ewwwww......

Those bulbous blobs of crap make the WORST concept design in the Apple Design book look positively elegant.

(and some of these look directly "lifted" right from that book...and then put through an "Uglyfication Filter")

I'd rather have ENIAC covering up the entire wall in my living room than one of those Mistakes of Nature sitting on the floor in a corner of my office.

Intel...ugh...more like In Hell.

Thank you, Omen88, for reminding us how lucky we really are. :)

Scott
Hehe
It's a pleasure