Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland

MEMMINGEN, Germany - A baby boy removed from his parents' custody after they offered to sell him on eBay for just a euro — $1.59 — as a joke is back at home, a prosecutor said Thursday.

"The child has been returned to his parents," prosecutor Johannes Kreuzpointer told The Associated Press.

The parents maintained that the posting was just a joke gone awry. Investigators agreed, dropping their probe into possible child trafficking.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Somehow it is funny to me simply because it was now said to be a joke. Not so funny if they were at all serious of course. Reminds me of the threats I used to make about selling my parent's dogs on eBay. Almost as funny but sometimes twice as serious.

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
United States
Is this the same couple that set-up this listing because the baby cries too much? I thought the baby was not going back to them.

Even as a joke it is rather crude. If you think about how many steps it takes to post a listing on ebay, this is more than a casual joke such as a blog post.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Yep, it is a joke, or we were selling the picture of the brat.

At least wait until they are in their teens to sell the brats.

Though it would probably be easier to get rid of them on MySpace or Facebook these days.

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I found it a bit humorous, but I'm sure the kid won't as they are older and understood what was going on.. Ah what am I saying. I bet the kid is pretty devastated already

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.