Don't wait for the 5s!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emmanevada, Sep 11, 2012.

1. emmanevada, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

emmanevada macrumors member

First off, I know I'm talking about a phone that is nowhere close to existence. However, I was reading some forums about "why I am not upgrading/not excited, etc." and lots of people were saying "Why would I want the 5 when I can have the 5S 6 months later?". I personally have the 4S, but if I had previously had the 4, there is no way I would have upgraded. I hardly ever use Siri. The few other gimmicky apps it came with were a joke. Yes, it is slightly faster and has better cameras, but I totally would have held out for the 5. This is why I can't understand people who are downplaying the 5. It is (hopefully) a completely new design and if you all can recall, this is the phone we were all waiting on when the keynote for the 4S came out. Besides, if you wait another 6 months for the 5S, you could've just waited another 6 months for the iphone 6. So, in my opinion, that theory is just stupid. If you are satisfied with your plan and financially able to upgrade, go for it. Thoughts?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The 4S didn't come out 6 months after the 4 and we won't get the 5S in 6 months either.

3. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

4 came out in July 2010, 4s Oct 2011. 5 Sept 2012...

About a yr apart to me :p

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

And the 3GS didn't come out 6 months after the 3G, and the 3G didn't come out 6 months after the first iPhone.

OP needs to stop buying calendars with missing pages.

5. cableguy619 macrumors 6502

lol

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Always a newbie. I think one person just keeps making new accounts/stupid posts.

7. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

6 months? Usually iPhones are 10-13 months apart.

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yea, that one person keeps logging in with new IDs and makes up stupid stuff.

LOL!

9. emmanevada thread starter macrumors member

Umm, ok so maybe my time frame was off by a few months? You're calling my post "stupid", yet you're too stupid to understand my point, which is that those who are bragging that they are on track with the 'S' phones are forgetting that at the last keynote, they were all rooting for an iphone 5 unveiling. Now, we are hopefully going to see a completely new design, but those same people are now saying they aren't interested. Is that an easier read for you? :rolleyes:

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

OP, You ask for, "thoughts?" and then mock those who provide them for you?

11. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

don't get too upset, they'll be gone after they figure out basic functions in about a month.

12. KandyKane macrumors 6502

I will buy the iPhone 5, and probably a 5s if they make one. I currently own a 4s and before that a 4, and before that a 3GS.

We've always been able to get them carrier unlocked (Australia), so you normally get 40-70% back when you sell the old one, so the upgrade fee isn't too bad.