Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I seriously doub't Apple will leave its early adopters behind. These are the true Apple fans, the ones that wait in line etc. To change the production line with a fix and tell the early adopters they are out of luck would be very bad PR for Apple. Look what happenen with the iPhone 1 when they dropped the price. Apple eventualy realized it hurt the early adoters and they cave out the $100 gift cert. Obviously it will take some time to swap out or fix 2+ million devices. We will see tomorrow.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ok thanks for your opinion stated as fact. Good thing it's a whole new thread too so it's easy to find.

iPhone Addict

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Even if Apple chose not to include early adopters, everyone is still within their 30 day return period so it doesn't really matter. If Apple was to say no to early adopters I'm sure everyone would just return theirs and buy a new one.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ok thanks for your opinion stated as fact. Good thing it's a whole new thread too so it's easy to find.

Lol... I would tend to agree with the OP although it's clearly speculation until Friday. What remains to be seen is whether they are capable of internally modifying our existing devices or if we will have to swap out.

My guess is we'll have one of the above two options, along with the option of keeping the device as-is along with a hefty gift card.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
what im curious about is, can you still return your phone to ATT if you had it swapped before? Im contemplating a return but dont want att to say that the phone imei and the box imei dont match so i won't be able to return it. that would blow.

Infernex

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
Been waiting to purchase an iPhone 4 for over two weeks now. Once they decide to recall these phones, this is going to take forever to get one. Another 3 week wait, here I come...

Krandor

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Been waiting to purchase an iPhone 4 for over two weeks now. Once they decide to recall these phones, this is going to take forever to get one. Another 3 week wait, here I come...

If it is a full recall it will be much longer then 3 weeks.

I expect they are going to come up with something that can be added to existing phones without the need to swap the whole phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.