Don't you wish we could change the color of the text blurbs like on iChat?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Anyone else sick of the green and gray bubbles when you text? I really hope to see Apple include a feature in the next update that allows us to at least change the color of the bubbles like on iChat. I don't mind the text being black.

Unfortunately, I don't think Apple realizes that this is a feature people may want, so we might not see it for quite some time, maybe on next year's iPhone. :(

2. calvy macrumors 65816

yes I'm sick of them. That's why I have jailbroken my iPhone from the first day I could, including my 2G.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can change them on jailbroken phones?

5. Tubink macrumors regular

Yep.

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

7. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. PaulieORF macrumors regular

Wow, pretty cool little suggestion, I never thought about it before. It could be a little way for you to sort of personalize your iPhone, since you can't really personalize the UI aside from moving icons. But then again, maybe Apple doesn't want you to be able to personalize the UI too much.

9. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think this would be a cool feature though, and Apple would do it if only they thought of it (I don't think they have). I don't even want to be able to change the color of the text like instant messaging or anything. But being able to change the blurbs from green and gray to some other colors would be a nice addition. I like to switch things up every once in a while. :D

10. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

11. trellisaze macrumors newbie

I agree, the lack of freedom with the chat bubble color has bothered me for nearly 2 years now! I don't need that much customization, just a color change every once in awhile would be nice. I'm tired of staring at the green bubble forever.

I just left feedback on that link mentioned.