Dossier Author Declared as "Very Credible"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zedcars, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Zedcars macrumors 6502

Zedcars

It seems odd that such a highly regarded and "professional" author would attach his name to a pack of salacious lies. Could it be more likely there is some truth to it all?

Donald Trump dossier: intelligence sources vouch for author's credibility - the guardian
    https://apple.news/A4pdk9SPESRCvbpSNngRMCw

Interesting times.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It does seem odd how many kremlin people were prepared to talk.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

It would seem that I might have to employ very sophisticated filters soon - with the false-equivalency of "fake news" and the potential of Trump to cause all manner of "disruptions". Interesting times indeed...

4. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'm not sure how you can use the words "very credible" and "the Guardian" in the same sentence :D.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

How isn't the guardian credible?

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

they have no proof and are pretending the author of the dossier is "credible" because well his colleagues said so:rolleyes:
    dude is out hiding for a reason.........
    gee, his friend vouches for him, it's all good .

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm sure your colleagues have a reasonable opinion of you. It's not like they are asking his wife...

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am sure the guy is hiding just for the hell of it ;)

9. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

every news source who presents facts i don't like is fake!

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

In the U.S you are presented with the narrative the media wants you to believe.
    Like. Clinton winning by a landslide
    Or
    No reasonable prosecutor would have pressed charges against a woman who destroyed evidence after being subpoenaed

11. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

You can go by the track record of the person in question. I don't read the Guardian very often but it is one of the few serious and credible news sources in the UK and international press.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

The guy is hiding for a reason.!!..

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Why you take that as absolute proof of anything truly is beyond me.

14. juanm, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

If it were me, I'd be hiding too, whether it's true or not (and as sceptical as I am, i'm inclined to think it's true for now), simply because I don't like attention. His job meant he has to stay out of the spotlight and a dossier that was presumably supposed to be confidential gets leaked with his name. Of course he hides! The UK is home to many tabloids who love anything related to sex, scandals and celebrities, they'd make his life a living hell.

Assuming it's true, now there's also many people (both in the US and in Russia) who have a lot to win if he ends up having a heart attack or in a mental hospital. Remember what happened to former Russian spy Litvinenko in London ten years ago?

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

This is all so silly. I hate Trump with the heat of a thousand suns but I don't care who he swings from the chandeliers with in hotel rooms. It's not like his image is one of a good Christian soul with fidelity in marriage. Not that I want to think about what he does to begin with. :eek:

16. samcraig macrumors P6

People have disappeared. There is a reason he's hiding out. He would also love to enter witness relocation I'm sure. That's more a commentary on those who would want to get rid of him, not of his character.

17. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Yeah, we only have to look as far as the body count Clinton left in her wake to see just how true that is!

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Get over Clinton

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

they secretly wanted her to win :\

20. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

So you don't deny it!

The woman is pure evil personified. We as a nation really dodged a bullet in November (pun intended).

21. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

To be fair the Russians have a habit of assassinating people they don't like who leak information. Not sure I wouldn't be doing the same if I were in his shoes.

22. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I'd be laying low too.

Also, if Clinton is pure evil then I'd like to see her hooves and tail as proof lol.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah I'm more interested in the financial angles. The dossier thing seems weirdly out of sync now, it was put together a long time ago, before summer, so before the hot mic tape here emerged to the public, I mean Trump was already more or less compromised last fall in the sense of sexual mores.

So, it's not especially revelatory if "Russia tried to compromise a US citizen!!" Catching Donald Trump reading a biography of Indira Gandhi would be more shocking.

Plenty intel agencies like to gather up what to compromise whoever they can for potential future use sometime. It's not always about sex. Sometimes it's about money. Now if Russia has something on Trump regarding money... they'd probably keep it to themselves, not let it somehow end up in an American oppo research binder. It could become really handy but only if its deployment remained in their direct control.

So, waiting for some other shoe to drop. No sale here on the party girls in Russian hotel. Maybe that happened and maybe there's "real" pics and worst case Trump would tweet "So unfair! No permission to photo our party! So fake!" and the US mediaverse would erupt for a week and that would be the end of it.

We are jaded, jaded in the USA. We have been known to throw a Congressman out of office on some sexual misconduct discovery, but Donald Trump changed a lot of things last year in the USA. There's probably no easy road back on some of them.

If the story is true? Weird how conservative Republicans can sit still for it if they believe it's true. But, they will probably think it's fake because Breitbart will tell them so. Maybe the market for salacious tales in oppo research is dead.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

I have no idea what you're talking about.

25. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Yes, we elected Adolf Hitler in order to avoid "pure evil personified". Hurrah!