Dot.tunes! Check it out!!!! Very awesome!!! But I have a question about it?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mdee4, Jun 4, 2009.

1. mdee4 macrumors regular

!!!If you use my server please reply to this thread and say "Thanks".!!!

Dot.tunes is a way you can share music with friends and your computer so you can listen to the music without having to actually import the music onto your other computer.

Local Address: http://XXX.168.1.101:XXX/ (Ok I see that this link won't work for you guys but the other one will. Thanks a lot guys!!!)

External Address: http://69.137.36.211:9998/ (If this link doesn't work then wait a few minutes and try again because the maximum amount of users allowed on at a time is 2. So just be patient, cause its worth to check it out!)

username: mdee4
    Pass:bananas

These are the two links to my music through dot.tunes. Check it out and see which one works for you:) I need to know!
    I want to show my friend this song I have so he can listen to it and check it out, but i don't know which link to show him??
    So which of these links work for you???
    I need to know so I can know which link to give to my friend later so he can listen to the song real quick.

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

The second one worked for me. The local address would only work if he was connected to your home network.

By the way, that does look really cool.

3. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Just remember, anything with 192.168.x.x can only be seen if we are on your network. Your external address can be seen by everyone if you chose to share it on the internet.

That said, the second one works for us.

4. mdee4 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok cool. Thanks that helps a lot!! Enjoy my server:)

Ohhh ok I see. Thankyou for the explanation!!!

5. dmiller macrumors member

why not just use simplify media? no need to worry about ip addresses and passwords. also it resides in itunes.

6. mdee4 thread starter macrumors regular

I use Simplify Media also, but Dot.tunes has many other benefits that Simplify Media does not Have.