Double Check Your AT&T Bill This Month

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TWO2SEVEN, Oct 13, 2012.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I just noticed my bill was higher (more than double) than it has been for about 5 years.

AT&T charged me three upgrade fees. I only have (and have ever had) one line on my account.

The first was charged 9/14 (ordered iPhone online)
    The second was 9/22 (activated iPhone over the phone)
    The 9/22 charged was credited back to me the same day.
    The third was on 10/1 (after I had done an online chat that resulted in AT&T waiving my upgrade fee).

My bill is now showing $72.00 in upgrade fees.

I am on the phone with CS now. I will update with the result.

2. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Yeah I got hot with 2 upgrade fees since I had to have my phone swapped out. I'll be calling CS as well.

3. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

She waived the "extra" fee, but now I am having trouble getting her to honor the original waive that was noted on my account but never went through (according to the CS rep).

I also found out that the iPhone5 plan is $4 more than the iPhone4. No big deal, I just wasn't ever informed.

4. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

I called AT&T the following Saturday morning after I received our 2 iP5s. I had asked them to waive any upcoming upgrade fees. They credited my account some $80.70 and sent me a confirmation text and an e-mail, which noted the changes.

This past week, I paid my AT&T bill. Everything was as it was prior. However, I will be keeping an eye on the next billing period's statement.

5. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

She was able to go in and credit me for all three charges. Online is still showing one of them, but it will take overnight to reset.

I will say that the CS was VERY nice and helpful, which hasn't always been my experience with AT&T.

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

7. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I guess I'll see if it worked when I pay my bill tomorrow.

8. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Happened to me. Upgrade 2 phones and got 3 upgrade charges. Call them up and they waved all the charges. :)

9. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

AT&T waived activation fees in 2008,2009,2010,2011 as a FAN discount but charged $36 this year. WTF. I called them today and they credited $39.94 including tax to my account.

10. hendooman macrumors newbie

On the family plan we had four upgrade fees and two phones, go figure. But as soon as I called they took case of to and credited the original upgrade free, so free upgrade. Dude said he had done that a ton already with people that upgraded via pre order.