Double data 4G with new iPhone?

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
So I jumped onto Verizon's double data promotion (4 gb for the price of 2 gb for $ 30/month) when I got my Droid Razr. Will I be able to keep this if I get the new iPhone? I know we're in a whole new world with these shared data plans now.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I jumped onto Verizon's double data promotion (4 gb for the price of 2 gb for $ 30/month) when I got my Droid Razr. Will I be able to keep this if I get the new iPhone? I know we're in a whole new world with these shared data plans now.
I only think they force you to change if you have Unlimited...

I will be talking to Verizon today to see what they will do for me in terms of price. I would like to switch, but only if they can get close to the price I pay AT&T with similar features. I figure it can't hurt to try.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
I only think they force you to change if you have Unlimited...

I will be talking to Verizon today to see what they will do for me in terms of price. I would like to switch, but only if they can get close to the price I pay AT&T with similar features. I figure it can't hurt to try.
Hope so. As a single-line, limited minutes, limited texts user who uses a lot of data, the new plans really screw you over.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
So long as you are willing to pay full retail for the next iPhone (or whatever phone you want) you can keep your double data, but if you opt for the discounted price $199-399 depending on 16GB-64GB versions you will be moved to the new share everything data plan.

This is really going to hurt a lot for a single phone user.

$40 - iPhone
$70 - 4GB of Data ($30 for 1GB of Data)
$0 - Unlimited Voice & Text.

Not sure what your current plan is but your bill will get a lot more expensive. It may be worth paying full retail for the next iPhone.

physicsguy13

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
So long as you are willing to pay full retail for the next iPhone (or whatever phone you want) you can keep your double data, but if you opt for the discounted price $199-399 depending on 16GB-64GB versions you will be moved to the new share everything data plan.

This is really going to hurt a lot for a single phone user.

$40 - iPhone
$70 - 4GB of Data ($30 for 1GB of Data)
$0 - Unlimited Voice & Text.

Not sure what your current plan is but your bill will get a lot more expensive. It may be worth paying full retail for the next iPhone.
Are you sure about this because Verizon still offers plans that are not share everything?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Are you sure about this because Verizon still offers plans that are not share everything?
ATT is going to still offer plans that are not share everything, but verizon is going to only share everything plans unless you are grandfathered in. Like the other poster said, it really screws people who have 1 phone.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Wow, the Verizon online store says I have to give up the double data (4 gb/month for $30) even if I pay full price for iPhone 5! I'll be talking to a rep today but that would be complete b.s.