Downgrade from Mojave to High Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Rob.G, May 14, 2019.

1. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

I'm done with Mojave. It's being a huge pain in my butt. I'm ready to wipe my Mac and go back to High Sierra. BUT, it seems you can no longer download High Sierra once you're on Mojave, so I have no way to get it. Is there anywhere I can get a copy of it (that won't be full of malware)?

Just about ready to go back to Windows I'm so disgusted with how Apple has been doing things of late.

Thanks.

Rob

2. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel

3. Rob.G thread starter macrumors 6502

Rob.G

Sweet, thank you! It's downloading now.

4. chabig macrumors 603

Many months ago, it was also a huge pain for me on two Macs. I ended up backing them up, doing clean installs, reinstalling all apps from scratch, and then restoring just my data. Ever since then both machines have been fantastic.

5. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel

You are welcome, Rob.
    I hope everything will be fine.

6. mj_ macrumors 6502

mj_

How did it go? I had to revert back from Mojave to High Sierra in December 2017 due to constant sleep/wake crashes on my iMac and a truly horrendous Bluetooth performance and reliabilty. It was a lot of manual work because macOS refused to restore a Time Machine backup created with a newer version of macOS (aka Mojave) so I had to restore all my data and settings by hand (or rather by rsync) but it was definitely worth the effort. High Sierra has been nothing but a pleasure to use ever since - not a single sleep/wake crash in the last six months compared to 3-4 a week with Mojave.