Downgrade Iphone 3gs Baseband 05.12.01 from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and jailbreak without SHSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by firedogut, Apr 17, 2010.

1. firedogut macrumors regular

Here is a link to a website that says you can downgrade 3.1.3 05.12.01 with out SHSH and jail break it......

Now i have 3.1.3 with 5.12.01. All i want is to tether, really don't care about jailbreaking or unlocking. If I understand correctly the only way to tether is to jailbreak. the only way to jailbreak is to downgrade.....am i on the track? This stuff seem to change on a hourly bases....

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downg...12-01-3-1-3-3-1-2-jailbreak-without-shsh.html

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Never heard of this working. Give it a try and let us know.

3. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

From looking at some of the posts it seems really only the original poster claims to get this to work so Id say it doesnt work, if it did, these steps would be all around the internet given when this tread was originally started

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its BS, dont waste you time.
    Theres people posting nonsense like that here and there to get some others excited over nothing.
    When there is a JB out for it you will know it.
    Its not possible to downgrade a 3GS with no SHSHs.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

What the poster describes will only work if you have your SHSH on file and have your hosts file modified to point to the caches version. Either the poster (or someone else) has done those things and forgotten it, or he is a liar. There are no other possibilities.