Downgrade to iOS 7.0.4 AND Restore From iCloud Backup? (for Jailbreak)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by 53kyle, Dec 22, 2013.

1. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

I have an iPad 3 and an iPod touch 5th gen, both have iOS 7.1 beta 2. I know I can downgrade to iOS 7.0.4 using a DFU restore, but I also know that I can't restore my device to an iOS 7.1 backup.

Is there a workaround for this, or can I restore from an iTunes backup? IF I restore from an iTunes backup, will my settings, home screen layout, AND app/game settings, progress, and saves be restored too?

The reason I want to do this is because the iOS 7-7.0.4 untethered jailbreak from the evad3rs came out today and I want to downgrade while I can in case iOS 7.1 won't get jailbroken soon.

Also, is it possible that evasi0n7 will work on iOS 7.1 instead of going through all of this?

PS: I know I can restore an iOS 7.1 iTunes backup to iOS 7.0.4, but I really just want to know if all of my data will actually be restored because the iCloud backup/restore has never failed my in that respect.

PPS: This is the jailbreak I want to use: http://evasi0n.com

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Jailbreak works with Beta 1 & 2 as well ... although I would advice you to wait for some time as the JB is glitchy and also Cydia is not yet updated for it

3. 53kyle thread starter macrumors 65816

53kyle

Thank you :) I am planning on waiting, but I wanted to downgrade just in case apple fixes exploits used in the jailbreak by the final release. It is also impossible to just stay on a beta because it will expire.

4. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

It will not expire ... you have to edit a file and remove a text to disable the Expiry forever ;) (After JB of course)

5. 53kyle thread starter macrumors 65816

53kyle

Oh, duh. Does iFile actually work with iOS 7? I wonder if this jailbreak can be used to enable the hidden springboard settings (if they are still even in iOS 7)