Downgraded from iOS4 to 3.1.2 on my 3g IPhone. I now have zero bars.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rattleglans, Jul 14, 2010.

1. rattleglans macrumors newbie

iOS4 is in my opinion the worst software update by apple. They shouldn't have enabled it for the 3G; It is not powerful enough to support it.

So I decided to downgrade. Unfortunately, I don't get any signal bars. Has anyone experienced the same thing as me?

2. rattleglans thread starter macrumors newbie

3. SmackP macrumors member

I'm still trying to workout how to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on my 3GS so u can Jb and unlock and use it like I did before.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant unless you have SHSH's saved for 3.1.2 in order to downgrade.

Restore again thru itunes to official 3.1.2 and then leave it plugged in to itunes with your AT&T simcard in the phone.
    Sounds like you didnt activate it.

5. rattleglans thread starter macrumors newbie

It didn't activate... because on downgrade, it gave me error 1015... which isn't a "real" error. It's just ITunes detecting you have downgraded... and the software is already installed on the iphone. So I used blackra1n to jailbreak, which also removes the recovery mode. However, I think that it skipped the activation process.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, I think thats the problem.

7. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Re-do it and use recboot after the restore to kick it out of DFU and then use redsn0w or whatever you fancy to jailbreak.