Downgrading Mojave Beta to Mojave official

Wedlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
St Willebrord , The Netherlands
Hi everone,

I've been having some problems on my mac while running beta versions of Mojave so i want to stop using the beta's and only do public releases.
Now i've been searching on the net about this downgrading and all i can find is downgrading from Mojave beta to High Sierra but not to public version of Mojave.
Also they say that you need to make a backup of all your files you want to keep, a logical step i think but i use time-machine to make backups.
The last backup file is from 23-02 but when i would install say High Sierra that would also mean that i cannot put the backup on the pc anymore because then it would alert me to the fact that i need to upgrade the OS to the version on which the backup is made on (in this case macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta and then i'm still stuck in beta versions.....

Can anybody explain to me what i have to do in order to get to Mojave public and keep my emails and other files in place ??? :(

xgman

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2007
Why don't you just wait a few days/weeks max and once back on .4 release, just stay there? Seems like an easier way to go.

fisherking

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
agreed, would be infinitely easier to download the new beta, and move forward to the next final release. then you can sign out of the beta program.

see if public beta .4 helps...

Wedlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
St Willebrord , The Netherlands
Thanks for the reply guys but it has been resolved with the help of Applecare team.

Staying in beta wasn’t an option until an public release came because of the problems i have been having with bluetooth and such. The only real way was to go back and downgrade it to the latest public release.

In the end it was all about reinstalling Mojave public through internet.....then you can only install a public version of Mojave and no beta’s.
Now everything works again as it should but thanks for the suggestion guys ;)

Reactions: xgman