Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Downlaoding Videos w/ Firefox?????

Goober0311

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
How do I download videos using Firefox. I want to be able to download youtube videos and non-youtube videos! Are there any apps for this or is there a way to do it without an app? I am in need of help badly!!! Thanks guys.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
How do I download videos using Firefox. I want to be able to download youtube videos and non-youtube videos! Are there any apps for this or is there a way to do it without an app? I am in need of help badly!!! Thanks guys.

Firebug for Firefox is an add-on that can be used to download source files from YouTube and various other sites that stream video. It's a bit complicated, but can be done. Instructions here.

There is also Wondershare AllMyTube, which is a paid app that easily allows you to download videos and integrates with Firefox.

BTW. Are you USMC?

Last edited:
Comment

Goober0311

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
It's a bit complicated, but can be done.

That is where I have trouble. I am a fairly new user to Mac and I don't really know all that much about computers. I am slowly teaching myself things but I see myself as a newbie.

Just got out in Nov, did 8 years!!!!

Last edited:
Comment

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
That is where I have trouble. I am a fairly new user to Mac and I don't really know all that much about computers. I am slowly teaching myself things but I see myself as a newbie.

Just got out in Nov, did 8 years!!!!

Check out the instructions link to Firebug I edited into my first post.

Congratulations and thank you for your service! I did 4 years ('97-'01) in V2/7.

Comment

Goober0311

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Check out the instructions link to Firebug I edited into my first post.

Congratulations and thank you for your service! I did 4 years ('97-'01) in V2/7.

Will do, thanks.

I appreciate that, I was with V1/8 then reenlisted and went to SC to be a PMI.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.