Download manager app to easily download fly contents (youtube) ?

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Recently I switched from windows to mac and there are few programs that I used to on windows. One of them is IDM (Internet download manager). The main reason I got used to it was its ability to download flv videos without having to copy and paste links. whenever there was a fly video being played, a small icon was appearing and the video can be downloaded by just clicking on it. I want to download most fly videos through such a program because my internet connection is too slow to wait till it get buffered.

Can you please suggest me such a program that can be used with safari?

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
Thanks for all replies. I found an add-on for safari which does the same. I did a search and found a lot of solutions but what i expected was not there. I want to download youtube with a minimal about of clicks, the specific download manager I mentioned in the first post shows a download button above the video and a single click is enough to make the video downloading.

And, video download helper seems to be a good solution. But I like to start using safari instead because its better looking user interfere and firefox is having some issues related to scrolling in my computer.

dacoolest

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2011
What extension / add-on do you mean?
FastestTube 2.0.0 It seems to be doing the job right. I tried a lot of methods to get the work done, but some of them seems to be not the exact product i was looking for or not working as mentioned.

Now, it would be a great help if you can recommend me a good download manager which can capture links from safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.